We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying overnight in the winelands

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
new jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying overnight in the winelands

Looking to spend a night in Franschoek and Stellenbosch as part of our honeymoon around the middle of July, can anyone recommend somewhere to stay and is there any winery that's a must see as part of this trip. Any help much appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying overnight in the winelands

The "Akademie Street Guesthouses" in Franschhoek are very popular. Both Franschhoek and Stellenbosch have many nice accommodations to offer. Have a look at www.southafrica-stay.com for accommodation. You could also stay on a Wine Estate in the Cape Winelands. www.zevenwacht.co.za or www.spier.co.za are really nice.

Enjoy! :)

south africa gauteng
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying overnight in the winelands

Delheim is a wonderful wine farm. I love their cellar for wine tasting. Great atmosphere. The best of all I've been to. They have an exellent restaurant for lunch or you can order a platter with cheese, bread etc with the wine.

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
336 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying overnight in the winelands

I recently returned from a driving tour of South Africa. Driving through the winelands I found Franschoek very quaint and beautiful. I could not say the same about Stellenbosch. It is a much larger town, with the opposite appeal. In all fairness, I only drove through, but I would not chose this town to stay in.

Enjoy your trip. South Africa is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been!