We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Parker Cottage Tamberskloeff.

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Parker Cottage Tamberskloeff.

Starting to plan the detail for our 6-week trip in January. We have 3 nights at Parker Cottage. One night we think we will take a taxi to The Test Kitchen. However, for the other 2 nights we would like to eat somewhere within walking distance. At present we think Societi Bistro, Millers Thumb (we have eaten here before) or Fork but can't choose. Fork appeals for the first night as we will have flown in at 9 a.m. and will probably have a light lunch before checking in so a light evening meal would seem sensible. If we eat at Test Kitchen we would probably not want to spend exhorbitant amounts of money on the other two nights Any comments on these choices or can anyone suggest other places in the area that are really god - spoilt for choice as usual - we don't want to eat at the Waterfront - we think it is overrated and overpriced.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
842 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Parker Cottage Tamberskloeff.

Joyce - Don't know if you have discovered Cafe Paradiso at the top of Kloof Street yet, if not it then it would be a good dinner choice for you. One of the few places where you can sit outside in a garden plus the best view of a lit upTable Mountain at night and good reasonably priced food,Have a look at their website,

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Parker Cottage Tamberskloeff.

Hi French Poodle. Thanks for that. We have not been there before. Just had a look at the website - it looks really good and I know is one recommended by Parker House - just too many good choices - I'll await other suggestions and then try and make up my mind. Looking at the photo of the cafe it looks like a fish restaurant we used to go to on previous visits that closed a while ago - can't remember the name.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
514 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Parker Cottage Tamberskloeff.

Joyce

The Test Kitchen...I'm so envious. Be sure to book early for peak season

I enjoyed Societi Bistro a couple of years ago and would definitely recommend

Sorry not tried Fork

Lisa

4. Re: Restaurants near Parker Cottage Tamberskloeff.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 07:19