We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spier or Lanzerac

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
new jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spier or Lanzerac

Can anyone recommend one of these hotels for one night in the winelands.

NHA
Cape Town
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spier or Lanzerac

Both of these are very nice. Lanzerac is more exclusive while Spier more laid back. It depends on what you are looking for in a hotel?

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
901 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spier or Lanzerac

At Spier you have the option of stroking the Cheetas, visiting the Raptors, great wine tasting and a well stocked wine shop, fantastic restaurants at night like Moyo. I did a sight inspection there two days ago and the rooms are fantastic. There is also the option of horse riding. It really is a beautiful estate. I almost forgot about the delicatessen and the picnic baskets for lunch on the lawn.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spier or Lanzerac

I would agree with Capensis, the Lanzerac is also lovely, but as a place to stay, Spier would be wonderful because you can walk around and see things if the rest of your family feels like sitting and watching TV. I've been in a number of opera productions at Spier and been to the restaurant Moyo which is really lovely and had picnics on the lawn (you are not allowed to bring your own food, have to purchase it at their shop) all in all it is a lovely place to be. If you happen to be there in the season (December to March), you will also be able to see some theatre in their wonderful open air auditorium.

4. Re: Spier or Lanzerac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 04:18