We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town hotels

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Town hotels

I am visiting Cape Town November 1-8. My daughter will be finishing her semester program at UCT. I would like to stay in Central Cape Town as I think she can easily get to that area from where she lives in Rondebosch. Can you please recommend the best hotels to stay in Central Cape Town. She will be finishing her finals so I would like something comfortable and spacious where she can come and stay with me while she studies. A friend had recommended Cape Cadogan/More Quarters but they are booked. I am ok to go more upscale than that if the place is worth the money. I don't want to just pay for a name but for quality I am fine.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town hotels

You can have a look at: Taj Hotel, Cape Heritage Hotel, Grand Daddy Hotel, Inn on The Square Hotel, Mandela Rhodes Place, Cape Town Hollow Hotel, 15 on Orange Hotel, Pepper Club Hotel, Westin Hotel, Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel and also Fire and Ice Hotel.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town hotels

Does anyone have an opinion about the Derwent House?

3. Re: Cape Town hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 17:05
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town hotels

The options are endless. You really have to think about style and amenities and budget and use the reviews to narrow it down. I like boutique places. There are some places with only a handful of suites in upmarket residential neighbourhoods and then there are 20 storey towers. The whole City Bowl is pretty convenient. Another poster just queried Hippo boutique hotel on park road. I know it and think it is a really great location and fresh little hotel.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Town hotels

Yes, the problem is that there are so many options and tough to sort through. What I really want is an wonderful, upscale boutique hotel in a great, fun neighborhood. I don't want a large, touristy or business type hotel.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Town hotels

Derwent house in the top part of town and are situated in a very quiet area. Very relaxing i have to say and i have done a sight inspection there before and it is fantastic, you will love the setting. Not touristy at all and peace and quiet is what you will get at this place. Stone throw away from a few brilliant restaurants as well.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Town hotels

Don't be afraid to look at the guest houses, they are TOTALLY different than the oft maligned North American B&B. Think of them like what a boutique hotel should be.

8. Re: Cape Town hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central