We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hermanus and Table Mountain

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Florence
Level Contributor
187 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Hermanus and Table Mountain

We are thinking of South Africa next year end of July, beginning of August. We do not have a lot of time. Would it be possible to do Hermanus and a trip on the Cable Car to Table Mountain in one day at that time of year.

Thank you.

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hermanus and Table Mountain

Opinions will vary but it would be a bit rushed IMO.

Do you mean to stop at Hermanus overnight or return to Cape Town again the same day?

If staying overnight that would be fine.

We spent half day on Table Mountain, it's a shame to rush it but I guess if you went very first thing and came down after just a short look around in the morning you could do it. It is also weather dependant so if you only have one day aside the trip up cannot be guaranteed.

Florence
Level Contributor
187 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hermanus and Table Mountain

Thank you.

I thought that might be the case but only have 1 and half days in Cape Town, other than a trip to Winelands.

Singapore
Level Contributor
452 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hermanus and Table Mountain

Even if humanly possible - it won't be worth it. I must highlight that while Hermanus is a great place to sight whales but you need to be patient with the animals to get a sighting. So even if you make it to Hermanus and you just have an hour there - not sure that you will get much out of te visit. Table Mountain is a fantastic place and of you have just 1.5 days in CPT - jut stick to the city.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hermanus and Table Mountain

Rather stick to Cape Town for just a day and a half. Try and take a boat cruise from Houtbay or Simonstown, I'm not sure what is on offer though. You might get lucky with whales in the false bay area as well, we spotted whales a few times at Simonstown.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hermanus and Table Mountain

I would also recommend you stick to Cape Town. Sometimes the whales arrive later in Hermanus. Therefore, it's not always predictable and as mentioned above it is a rush in one day. You can combine a visit to Cape Point with a boat trip in Simonstown for whale watching.

Regards

Michelle - Owner - Cape Town Guide

6. Re: Hermanus and Table Mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:18