We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town evening activities

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
Save Topic
Cape Town evening activities

Hi Guys,

I will be visiting South Africa along with my cousin brother in December'13. As part of the trip, we would be spending four days in Capetown. We have free time for other activities on two out of the four days; i.e one free slot being in the evening and another free full day. The mornings are going to be tours in and around the city.

Now, we have done some research and found out that most of the adventure activities in and around cape town are conducted in the mornings only. So, can you kindly let me know if there are any activities that can be done in the evenings. We are open for both adventure and non-adventure activities (places to visit, etc.).

Thanks,

Vishal Iyer

Mumbai, India.

Austin
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town evening activities

A champagne sunset cruise from the V&A Waterfront area. You could expect to pay around $20-30usd per person, it was something I drunkenly stumbled upon and I'm sure glad i did..

Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town evening activities

Seems like a good idea :) Thanks Kyle...

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town evening activities

You could see if there is a summer concert at Kirstenbosch Gardens during your stay. They take place in the evenings.

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town evening activities

Weather permitting, you could go up Table Mountain for the sunset: tablemountain.net/visitor_info/opening_hours/

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Town evening activities

We always pick a nice B+B and are entertained by the other guests. The trick is to find one that attracts SA's, not other Europeans or ( worse) Americans! (Yes, I'm one of the latter.)

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Town evening activities

Something unique and different is a Jazz Safari or a Reggae Tour which takes place in the evenings. Another option (although a bit touristy) is to visit the Mama Africa restaurant where you can enjoy local food and listen to local music.

Regards

Michelle

north east
Level Contributor
281 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Town evening activities

Definitely second the sunset cruises from the V&A. There are some pretty nice boats. My tip would be to pay a little extra & book yourself on one of the nicer champagne ones. Fewer passengers, more personal space & great views from out in the harbour.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
148 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Town evening activities

The hike up Lions Head is free and gives you unrivaled views on the city. Evening / sunset hikes are very popular in December

9. Re: Cape Town evening activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 05:16