We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Several questions

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Several questions

Hello all -

Am just starting in the planning of a trip to Capetown.

1. How long should I stay? I know this is hard to answer, but was thinking close to two weeks. I want to go in a shark cage, Robben Island, Table Rock, winelands, day trip safari if possible, am also open to any other day trips as I could to see a small part of another country, etc. or animal viewings (love animals)

2. What area would be good for two single women to stay in. We are pretty adventurous and not normally scared types, but want a safe area that is convenient to transportation, etc. which also goes into, should we rent a car? or are there enough transportation options for us to get around.

3. Any other tips or advice would be most welcomed. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Several questions

4. Also is there a better time of year to see Great Whites. I was thinking of coming late October/early November.

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Several questions

1. How long? A much time as you can afford.

2. Best area? Camps Bay. Rent a Car? Yes.

3. Tips? Check out the trip reports from other members on your right in blue... great tips.

4. Best time? February. It's a compromise, they are most active due to seal pups but the water visibility is low. Depends if you are trying to do underwater photography.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
514 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Several questions

Hi

I've been to Cape Town several times with a female friend and have stayed in lots of different areas of Cape Town, all,of them safe!

Camps Bay is a good choice, although there are lots of other options, it just depends on your wants and needs

I would actually probably suggest somewhere nearer the city, like de Waterkant. It's close enough to walk into the city and the waterfront during the day. However, in Camps Bay, you can easily walk to restaurants at night.

If you have 2 weeks then use it! I would maybe suggest a week in Cape Town and then time in the winelands and Hermanus area, which would be close to the shark diving at Gansbaai

I would suggest that for 2 weeks, you really need a car. The sites of Cape Town are very spread out and having a car is by far the easiest means of getting around

End of October/beginning of November is usually a good time to visit the Western Cape, as it's the end of spring/ beginning of summer. However, the weather is becoming less predictable, and this year there was a huge storm in mid November.

Hope this helps

4. Re: Several questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:18