We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

We're traveling to Cape Town for 12 days in Dec/January and it seems that all of the rental car companies are sold out. Does anyone have suggestions on what we can do? Any lesser known companies that may have cars? Renting from a location that is outside of Cape Town? Working to secure a car if a cancellation is made? The rest of our trip is planned but it won't work without transportation.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
848 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

you could try cabs cars www.cabs.co.za we use them every year, However they may well be sold out as well

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

Thanks. I just sent them an e-mail and am hoping that they will have a car for us.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
848 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

Let us know if you are successful or not with them, There will be others with the same problem

as you who might like the information. I remember last Christmas there were the same queries on TA about the lack of available hire cars in Capetown.

Edited: 15 December 2013, 09:32
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
148 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

DM me is you don't come right. I am heading out of Cape Town for 3 weeks around this time and you might be able to use my spare car.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

Try yell pages http://www.yellowpages.co.za/search/car+hire/cape+town,+western+cape/1

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

Nelsonred, what an incredibly generous offer, you obviously have a big, generous heart.

7. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 December 2013, 20:35
Boston...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

Yup. Same issue here. We are a couple from NY/Boston and no rental cars are available unfortunately. We might just be forced into doing tours which would be pretty sad. Does anyone know of any local rental car co. except cabs which was mentioned previously?

The Doctors
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

Oh I am having the same nightmare - I looked just three weeks ago and there were some available but not when I came to book it. Has anyone had any joy yet?

The Doctors
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help - Can't find a rental car in Cape Town for Dec/January

I have managed to book a car from the 3rd so it may be worth looking at later dates - we will just go on public transport for the first wee while in Cape Town... I went with atlas as it seemed reasonable and has an excess waiver/reclaim option that means you are not stuck with a huge xs - Hertz was going to have a £1000 xs!

Good luck