We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

We are heading to SA in March, spending 3 days in JoBurg, 3 days in Hoedspruit, and 5 days in Cape Town. We are trying to decide which CT area would be best. We plan on lazing around so we need great mountain/sea views from our property, but we would also like to be somewhere central to activities, cafes/restaurants, and nightlife.

What say you?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

Morning. Both would be great - but you've less direct access to the beach from De Waterkant. DW has a great vibe, many of its better properties (if you rent a house for example) have pools and a roof terraces with amazing city scape views. We love Dw as you can easily walk to some brilliant bars, restaurants etc. CB is laid back with good bars but perhaps fewer decent restaurants. I would prefer having a car in CB but you can manage without.

Whichever you choose the city & all of its attractions are easily reached.

whichever

Edited: 26 January 2014, 09:17
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
530 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

Hi MrsS

So glad you've decided against Milnerton. I agree with Littlejohn. Both would fit your needs.

I would search on the internet for properties in both areas - most will have photos of their views on their websites.

If you want quick beach access, then Camps Bay is better. But if you want a vibey area with views of Table Mountain, then de Waterkant probably fits better. You would be closer to better restaurants in de Waterkant.

I have stayed in both and like both for different reasons

Lisa

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

Hi Lisasplaces

Yep! The TAs didn't seem to be too enthused about Milnerton and I probably shouldn't be way out yonder on my first trip.

We're leaning more towards De Waterkant, the task is now to find a lovely property with a great mountain view.

la
Level Contributor
35 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

I rented a 3 bedroom house in Camps Bay in March 2009, it was a couple blocks north of the beach(walkable) and the cafes and beneath the mountains.. I would stay in Camps Bay again and again..

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
865 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

Seamount Studio is where we have just stayed in Camps bay. I think it will fit the bill. Gorgeous views.

Google it and look at the pictures.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

Sea Mount Studios looks awesome! Unfortunately, they are booked for our dates. If anyone has any other suggestions with a similar stunning view, please let me know.

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
984 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

We love Camps Bay and for the 5 years we have stayed at The Patch.

It a one bed s/c cottage at the back of the owners main house.

Walking distance from the beach area.

Google and you will find it or pm me for more contact details.

8. Re: Young Couple in March: De Waterkant OR Camps Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:22