We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park in the V and A

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
581 reviews
Save Topic
Where to park in the V and A

Hi

I normally park in the undercover parking at Victoria Wharf, but I would like to park nearer to the Cape Grace, as I will be visiting their spa later in the day. Which parking is closet to here, doesn't need to be undercover

Many thanks

Lisa

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to park in the V and A

There certainly used to be a Clock Tower carpark when I lived there which wouldn't be too badly located. Perhaps someone with more up-to-date knowledge can confirm if it's still there.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to park in the V and A

Hi lisasplaces

The closest would be the underground parking opposite the Aquarium and walk over the Dry Dock to the Cape Grace.

If you are feeling a bit more adventurous you could take the MyCiti Bus to the Aquarium (Sea Point #104)

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to park in the V and A

Hi Lisa

The Cape Grace has it's own parking - both Underground and surface. I am sure that if you are a Spa customer you can use it. Just after the Caltex service station, on the roundabout, take the centre lane (West Quay Road). The second exit - not the third to the Clock Tower. Carry on to the end and you are in the Cape Grace parking area. They will have plenty of staff to help you park in the appropriate place.

BTW noticed your request for a "closet" car park. You don't need to hide. No-one will tell - ;-)

Edited: 01 February 2014, 09:51
South Africa
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to park in the V and A

Behind cape grace hotel! you can park then.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
581 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to park in the V and A

Hi

Thanks for your replies, will and try and park in their own car park. Thanks for the directions.

I am wanting to do some shopping and lunch at Willoughbys before heading to the spa.

Apple auto correct!!! I'm travelling with my parents and hoping they don't discover my closet wine drinking!!!

Thanks again everyone. This time in 5 weeks I will be heading up to Paternoster after a spot of wine tasting and buying in Durbanville!

Lisa

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to park in the V and A

Lisa. You can't possibly hide your love of wine and wine estates. The evidence is all to be found onTA.

We are now at franshoek for 3 nights. Going on the wine tram tomorrow. When we head back to rainy yorkshire you will be heading out here. Enjoy!!!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
581 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to park in the V and A

Hi Joyce

It was icy in Yokshire this morning!

Hope you're having a wonderful holiday. The wine tram looks good fun. If you have time, try to get to Lynx wines. It such a personal experience and the wines are excellent

I'm still trying to decide on either Racine or Pierneef at La Motte for our last night in Franschhoek

Hope you're making the best of the exchange rate!

Lisa

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to park in the V and A

Making the best of the exchange rate???? We are eating out every day for around £20-25 for -2 courses and a bottle. Incredible! Barry at ascot gardens said was complaining as we left that petrol was going up 0.35 rand a litre from Wednesday. 2p!!! Yesterday was too damn ed hot - 38c. Other than that having a great time. Too much good food and wine if you can ever have too much!

9. Re: Where to park in the V and A

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:19