We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas please

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Ideas please

Looking at a special holiday and we are thinking of Mauritius but now wondering if we could do a South African safari then onto Mauritius for a beach type stay has any one any experience of doing this and can point us in the right direction?

Cape Xtreme
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Safaris
Springbok Atlas Tours & Safaris
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Safaris
Crafted African Travel
City Tours, Private Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
Mtunzini
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas please

Hi Else,

This is definitely a possibility. There are regular flights from Johannesburg (and Cape Town) to Mauritius and it is an itinerary I often use for my clients looking to combine a bush and beach vacation.

How much time do you have available for your vacation? This will determine how much time you can spend in each destination and if it is feasible to combine the two. Another great option is to combine South Africa with Mozambique.

It will also depend on when you are planning to travel - time of year?

Regards,

Stuart Parker

Africa Travel Expert | Africa Travel Blogger

Twitter - @capturingafrica

Mentioned in this post
Johannesburg
Johannesburg
Greater Johannesburg, South Africa
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
la
Level Contributor
35 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas please

we did that on our honeymoon in 2001, would i do it again that is a tough question to answer.. I found the beaches of south africa to be really beautiful and considering the effort and the time to fly to Mauriitius I would look for that special place on the beach near cape town.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas please

Why not look into the beaches up in NE KZN, Kosi Bay, Sodwana Bay, Cape Vidal, and St Lucia no need to bother with Mozambique however, thats just a stones throw from Kosi Bay ,if you wanted to do both. Also, KwaZulu Natal offers excellent game viewing in the bigger reserves for the big 5 and many rhino such as those in Hluhluwe /Umfolozi and smaller reserves for birding and other animals.Awesome Tuskers in Tembe, including wild dogs etc. Combining beach with safari KZN has it all, worth a look at.

Mentioned in this post
KwaZulu-Natal
KwaZulu-Natal
South Africa
4. Re: Ideas please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 04:18