We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with Views - Cape Town

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
hurdle1
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants with Views - Cape Town

Already booked into the Test Kitchen and Hussar Grill at Camps Bay. Staying for 6 nights and would like to make a firm reservation for at least one more evening, we can play it by ear on the other days depending on activities.

Any suggestion of where has good views in the Cape Town area, don't mind a taxi for from city.

Will probably head down the waterfront on the first night, get our bearings etc. Any suggestions on where to eat there?

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants with Views - Cape Town

To enjoy sea views, you would need to dine at lunch time or very early evening. The sea is dark and black at night. You would get nice views of the city lights at night if you want to see city lights which I always think are pretty.

Willoughby's at the Waterfront always has a queue and is very popular. Its inside the Waterfront Mall though with no outside views. There are numerous restaurants with outside decks which look onto the water, the boats, the lights, just have a walk around the Waterfront and choose one.

The Twelve Apostles Hotel in Bakoven (as you leave Camps Bay heading towards Hout Bay) has the most amazing outside deck and sea views and food to die for. I have seen whales fairly close, its a wonderful experience. It is expensive but the food, the views, its just great. Try to visit on a beautifully sunny day for the best experience.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
865 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants with Views - Cape Town

Chapmans Peak Hotel has a nice outdoor seating area and fantastic calamari served in a pan. if you go early evening you can see the sun setting over Hout Bay. Also good for lunch.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
12 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants with Views - Cape Town

I just want to confirm this reviewers advice - and go for the pan-fried calamari - it is truly one of the best (if not THE best) in the world. Other reviewers mentioned good restaurants but most do not have good view, or at least not what Capetown considers a good view. Although I haven't been there for many years, the Round-House overlooking Camps Bay has to be the most romantic location.

14. Re: Restaurants with Views - Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 06:16