We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on a day touring the winelands with 9 yr old daughterf

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
165 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Help on a day touring the winelands with 9 yr old daughterf

During our 6 day visit to CT, we propose to self drive to the winelands with our 9 year old daughter. Besides we dont drink wine/beer. We wish to join a cellar tour as it can be very informative and interesting. At 9 years our daughter is past the age to laze around in a playground. Are there any activities that she could find interesting. I believe there are cheese and olive tasting actvities one could enjoy. Given that wine tasting (we dont mind a single wine tasting session) will not take up much time, how could we spend our day. I believe the drive is great with scenic beauty. Would Stellenbosch take up most of our time or do we have time for Franschhoek/Paarl. We are in CT between 19 and 27th May. By what time should we start the drive back to CT before dark

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on a day touring the winelands with 9 yr old daughterf

Have a look at Eagle Encounters at Spier (their interactive shows are wonderful) and also Cheetah Outreach. Both are great for adults and kids.

If you like cars, then the Franschhoek Motor Museum is also worth a visit.

You should easily be able to do Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, maybe Paarl as well but I would play it by ear and not rush things.

If you leave by 5, you should be back before dark.

Mark September

Small World Tours

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
165 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on a day touring the winelands with 9 yr old daughterf

Thanks Mark for the details. I will check out Spier. However, Spier does not offer cellar tours. What are the recommended places for a cellar tour, cheese tasting and olive tasting.

Cheers

Sharad N

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,209 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on a day touring the winelands with 9 yr old daughterf

Sharad, you could google "Wine estates in Stellenbosch/Franschhoek/Paarl" and see which ones do the tours etc. I have found the wine estates websites pretty informative.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 11:57
4. Re: Help on a day touring the winelands with 9 yr old daughterf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 20:05
Edited: 19 April 2014, 20:05
5. Re: Help on a day touring the winelands with 9 yr old daughterf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:15