We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in Travel Planning

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
139 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Need help in Travel Planning

Hii!!

We have one day in hand and want to go to 3 places, but not able to adjust.

The places are 1) Seal Insland (Boat Ride), 2) Table Mountain (go to top by Cable Car) and 3)V&A Waterfront.

Please help us with a tour plan. Also please let us know which time will be best to go the following places.

We will be doing it on a Sunday!!

Cheers!!!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
826 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help in Travel Planning

I would do Table Mountain if weather good and then do the V and A, should be plenty of time for both. Not sure where seal island trip leaves from, if It is the one I think from Hout Bay you may be a little pushed for time as it is south of Cape Town and you would need transport.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help in Travel Planning

Actually I would do table mountain weather permitting. Then do a day trip to Cape Peninsula (travelling Chapman's Peak - spectacular scenery), a quick stop for lunch at Simon's Town to visit Penguins and then continuing on to Kristenbosch Gardens. You can book thru your hotel. With your limited amount of time I would skip the waterfront (it is definitely a "must do" if you have more than one day). It is a hugh mall type complex on the water catering to shopping and restaurants. It would be a shame to miss your one day to see spectacular scenery.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help in Travel Planning

You need to arrive at Table Mountain first thing in the morning, by 08.00. Trips to Seal Island usually leave from Simonstown, which will take about 1 hour's drive from TM.

http://boatcompany.co.za/i_bookings.html

You will then have time in the early evening to enjoy the Waterfront after your return to Cape Town.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help in Travel Planning

I would go up Table Mountain early in the morning .... weather permitting ..... then instead of seal island I would buy tickets for the "Hop On, Hop Off" topless red bus ..... this will enable you to see so many beautiful areas in and around Cape Town area. You may hop off at any destination .... walk around or enjoy lunch etc and just hop on the next bus again .....one every 20-30 minutes.

The bus stops at the V&A Waterfront where you can get off and enjoy a wonderful early or sunset dinner at one of many restaurants ..... enjoy!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,166 posts
5,418 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help in Travel Planning

As mentioned above, the HOHO bus is worth looking into. The Blue Line takes in Hout Bay (boat trip to see the seals there) - see link.

www.citysightseeing.co.za/mariners-warf

So you could stop there to see the seal island, ending your bus trip at V&A Waterfront.

Start with an early morning trip up Table Mountain, then proceed to the HOHO Blue line and you should be able to squeeze everything into your day.

Here is a review we did for the Blue line a few years ago if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

6. Re: Need help in Travel Planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central