We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEWARE of Loader Street Terraces and Loader Street Cottage

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
BEWARE of Loader Street Terraces and Loader Street Cottage

The past few days I have been looking for accommodation in Cape Town. I enquired about Loader Street Terraces through Capestay, and got a reply saying that it was booked but could rent Loader Street Cottage instead. The price was way over our budget which I told Petra Davidan. She got back to me and said she would agree to our price - over 50% less than what she had initially said. This made me very suspicious. I tried to find Loader Street Cottage on the internet (she had sent me photos, no link) and saw that the property listed as 121 on Loader Street was infact the same as the cottage. I wrote Petra an email asking if the 2 properties were the same. She got back to me and said that they were and that the cottage was now under new management run by her and her team. This whole thing seemed really fishy so I googled the various names as well as the email address. I came across a report on HelloPeter.com where a gentleman writes about his experience booking through mercure@newtrade.co.za. Very interesting read and I've been in contact with him today. He was scammed for a booking end of March 2014, so these people seem to still be up to their tricks. I also found another complaint on HelloPeter, this time about Petra Davidan who seems to run the "show". PLEASE look out for these people and if something seems fishy, stay away from bookings that seem too good to be true. I had another weird reply to an enquiry yesterday.It really infuriates me as most owners and/or agents are aboveboard yet incidents like this shed a bad light on them.

LOOK OUT FOR:

121 on Loader Street

Loader Street Cottage

Champ - De Waterkant

Loader Street Terraces

Any accommodation with the email mercure@newtrade.co.za

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEWARE of Loader Street Terraces and Loader Street Cottage

very smart detective work by OP who sensed something was not right. I've never used HelloPeter.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEWARE of Loader Street Terraces and Loader Street Cottage

Did you get in contact with the person on Hellopeter, who wrote a complaint? Well that is not possible. How did you do that???

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BEWARE of Loader Street Terraces and Loader Street Cottage

His email address was at the bottom. In fact he asked me the same thing.

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BEWARE of Loader Street Terraces and Loader Street Cottage

Look up Mercure Newtrade on HelloPeter and you will find the report.

Edited: 12 July 2014, 08:00
Alkmaar, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BEWARE of Loader Street Terraces and Loader Street Cottage

Hi,

Could you tell me what the second report was on Hello Peter? i booked with them... I need to get informed.

6. Re: BEWARE of Loader Street Terraces and Loader Street Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2016, 05:15