We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
New Delhi, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

Hello everyone,

I was considering Cape town for my honeymoon in the month of Dec'14. Our travel dates are 10th Dec - 20th December. We are from Delhi, India and would be landing in Johannesburg on 10th noon and return on 20th evening. We are planning to fly straight to Capetown and not spend any time in JNB.

We were wondering what all should we include in our itinerary. We want to keep the trip very romantic and comfortable, and avoid inter-city travel. We would want to stick to cape town only and avoid any hectic travel.

We both are very outgoing kind of person, would prefer exploring heritage sites dedicated to Madiba and history of SA, relish the local cuisines, visiting all sorts of Pubs/Bars, relax on the

beach. We would also want to rent a car and drive around or may be go for some long drives once in a while.

Please suggest the best locations/hotels to stay during this period, activities which we can plan so that we can make our honeymoon memorable.

Cheers!!

1. Re: Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:05
Newlands, South...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

Doesn't get more romantic than Franschoek or Stellenbosch. Closer to Cape Town central is Constantia which is also a lovely little town with great restaurants and scenery. The Victoria and Alfred waterfront has a wealth of quality restaurants to choose from to fit any budget. As for pubs my favourites are The Fireman's arms in Cape Town central, The Forrester's arms in Newlands and my absolute favourite The Woodcutter's arms in stunning Hout Bay ( though if you do venture to Hout bay you may also want to check out the very popular Mariner's wharf restaurant ).

For History I recommend the Holocaust centre and The Distritc six museum. As was mentioned be sure to book for Robben island if you are interested in visiting. Many visitors have been dissapointed by the Robben Island tour so perhaps read some tripadvisor reviews and decide for yourself if you think it worth it.

Other places you may want to visit. Table mountain via cable car, Kirstenbosch Gardens, Cape Point, Chapmans Peak, Signal hill and Simon's town.

Word of warning, December is the end of the South African school year, buckets of Northerners flock to Cape Town at this time, it gets crowded, beaches and touristy spots like the V and A waterfront especially.

New Delhi, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

thanks guys! much appreciated!

Definitely valuable inputs Markish86 and Voice Map.

Cheers!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
967 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

Hi Shishir,

Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon. Cape Town is an amazing place and 10 days would be awesome!! Few days you can just spend on beach. For day trips, you can do 1 day trip to Cape Point (Lovely Scenery), 1 day to Wine Lands and 1 day to Hermanus/Gansbaai where you can do shark cage diving!!

Regards,

Kavita

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

I would say spend a few nights in Camps Bay and then Franschoek. You can also add maybe a night on safari as well. Plenty of things to do and with loads of spectacular sight seeing trips to be enjoyed. You might want to start booking your trips and sightseeing now, because it will be the start of our busy season and to prevent long lines, book your things on line now, like Table Mountain, Robbin Island, shark cage diving, accommodation, etc.

All the best

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

New Delhi, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

hi guys,

thanks for all your feedback! i am almost finishing with my itinerary and have incorporated all your inputs.

just one small question around the hotel to choose.

i have shortlisted TAJ and Hilton for the stay, any suggestions on which one to go for. Hilton scores better on pricing atleast on all major booking websites, but being a Taj inncercircle member, i am slightly biased towards it.

thanks

7. Re: Vacation plan for Cape town in Decemeber'14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2015, 06:16