We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refurbishing work at Cape Grace Hotel?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
McMurray...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Refurbishing work at Cape Grace Hotel?

I will be staying 5 nights at the Cape Grace in a few weeks. I received this notice today in an email from my TA : "We have been advised that during your stay at the Cape Grace, there will be some hotel refurbishments taking place. They are limiting the work to daytime hours to coincide with most guests being out enjoying the city." The TA doesn't know what is being refurbished. Has anyone stayed there recently and could share details of the work? I'm trying to decide if the work will be such a nuisance that I should book elsewhere. I plan to spend some of our daytime relaxing at the hotel. Thanks.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Refurbishing work at Cape Grace Hotel?

I have phoned them this morning to enquire about the renovations that will take place: It will take place at the pool area as well as at the restaurant area. It will be block off so you will not see what is taking place and work will only commence from 11:00am until 17:00pm daily. In return what the hotel has done is for the inconvenience caused, they offer complimentary dinners and a few other things that you can choose from once upon check-in. So, you can still relax at the hotel, just not at the pool area and the work will be completed at the end of September.

All the best

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
148 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Refurbishing work at Cape Grace Hotel?

Our company is involved and the new pool area is going to be magnificent. They modeling it like the front deck of a ship and adding a new conference room on as well.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Refurbishing work at Cape Grace Hotel?

Tourism in CT is on fire!! Incredible how many hotels are spending money on refurbishment. Radison is another.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Refurbishing work at Cape Grace Hotel?

Book connecting flights to CT early. On a recent flight from Durban to CT not a single spare seat! Jam packed. Plus earlier you book cheaper it is. Single flights are half the price of a return which makes triangle flights/trips affordable. eg we flew CT-JBG. From JBG by road to Durban via KNP. Flew Durban back to CT.

McMurray...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Refurbishing work at Cape Grace Hotel?

Thank you all for the great insights!

6. Re: Refurbishing work at Cape Grace Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central