We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shamwari

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
New Haven
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shamwari

Staying there 29 Aug through 31 Aug prior to our week long stay in Cape Town. Anybody out there with a trip report? We're looking at the luxury tented accommodations.....

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shamwari

have you checked out the Port Elizabeth forum??

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shamwari

Shamwari is a top class game reserve and attracts some big names.

I might be wrong, but I think Tiger Woods got engaged there.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shamwari

lamlee

where abouts in P.E. do you live?/(we recently bought in Linton Grange)

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shamwari

Schoenmakerskop - we watch whales, dolphins and seals from our front room

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shamwari

Hello Boatways, if you type "Shamwari" into the search at the top left of the page, you will find many entries, including lots of reviews. I tried to post the link, but is too large and gets rejected. Most people have liked it very much, and there are very positive reviews on the luxury tented accomodations. I think you will have a great time.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shamwari

Hi

I stayed here last year in both the tented accomodation and the manor house. I preferred the tented (which was pure luxury) as you felt like you were out in the bush and can hear different animal calls at night!! The manor house was great as well, our room was right by the pool and we had a great view.

The overall Shamwari experience was fantastic. I chose this place as I'm into animal conservation - and like what the owners are doing. It really is a 5* experience and worth the money- enjoy!

New Haven
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shamwari

Thank you all for your posts. Our flights are booked and we're definitely staying in the tented residences at Shamwari. More questions to come I'm sure!

8. Re: Shamwari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 14:21