We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark cage diving near Hermanus

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
41 reviews
Shark cage diving near Hermanus

Hi we are in Hermanus at the end of October for a night can anyone recommend the best gage diving company to book with. Thanks Brendan

7 replies to this topic
JP1
Blackpool...
Level Contributor
31 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Shark cage diving near Hermanus

Hi, We are going in January 2018, and have booked with http://www.sharkwatchsa.com. This is the company that Philip Schofield was with on the programme he made Schofields South African Adventure back in February this year.

Hope this helps.

Janet

United States
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Shark cage diving near Hermanus

gansbaaiinfo.com/activities/… This gives you some information on shark diving and the operators. I can recommend the first 2, Great White Shark Tours and Marine Dynamics as mentioned above.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Shark cage diving near Hermanus

Many thanks Janet I'll post a review when we get back to let everyone know our experience! We are back on 4th November. 👍

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Shark cage diving near Hermanus

Many thanks Lorreta much appreciated 👍

JP1
Blackpool...
Level Contributor
31 posts
103 reviews
5. Re: Shark cage diving near Hermanus

Hi,

I am dying to know how you got on with the shark dive?

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Shark cage diving near Hermanus

To be honest this was a very disappointing and from a nature perspective, horrifying event. True we all want to experience nature BUT this is basically a zoo in the ocean. I went out on a boat with about 20 people only see about 20 other boats with passengers ranging from 20 to 50 on the boats.

All of them baiting the sharks to come to their boat. Every day. Every hour....

The result is that they have changed the behavior of the sharks. Why be a real shark and hunt in the ocean when you can play pretend with some tourists and be fed.

It was something to see these amazing creatures up close but very disappointing from a naturalist perspective.

Manila, Philippines
2 posts
1 review
7. Re: Shark cage diving near Hermanus

Hi,

I'm doing my research now and this is the first time I've read HONEST feedback, thank you!

May I ask which are you went to and which company you hired for your activity?

Reply to: Shark cage diving near Hermanus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hermanus
Recent Conversations