We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great new self-catering acommodation in Hermanus

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Great new self-catering acommodation in Hermanus

Ate lunch today in the best everyday reataurant in Hermanus, the Savannah Cafe, just steps from the waterfront. And I discovered a new venture next door that is well worth consideration.

The Marine Square is a contemporary complex of 1, 2, and 3-bedroom units - all of them sparkling new and quite posh. When I last was in Hermanus in 2008, it was under construction and I thought it was going to be a condo complex. No.. it's for travelers.

Prices are very reasonable when you compare this level of comfort and quality to the 4 and 5-star Guest houses and the Marine Hotel. Check it out: www.marinesquare.co.za

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great new self-catering acommodation in Hermanus

Hi Bwanadave - did you see anything else in Hermanus that might be a bit cheaper - feel like going there this weekend - your help will be appreciated - was going to post a topic. Its probably reasonable for the quality but wanted something about half the price -any recommendations

manchester uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great new self-catering acommodation in Hermanus

hi divacape,

harbour house in the centre is very good,try and get a room on the 3rd floor the views are excellent.

breakfast is extra but there is a toaster ,fridge and microwave in the rooms if you want to do it yourself.

Have a look at marine square whilst you are there,we would not stay there,the views are non existant and the bottom floor is going to be shops which pose a security problem in my opinion.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great new self-catering acommodation in Hermanus

thanks Jean for your info - marine sq has given us a good deal and it looks nice - will make sure its not on the ground floor. thanks

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great new self-catering acommodation in Hermanus

Bwanadave and worsie and jeanbmanchester - we stayed at Marine Saquare this weekend. Thank you so much Bwanadave for recommending it. I have written a review but posted it under the "cape Town forum" as i feel more people go to the cape town forum than the hermanus one - so please go there to read up on it.

5. Re: Great new self-catering acommodation in Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2009, 23:37
6. Re: Great new self-catering acommodation in Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 00:19