We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

Which Hermanus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
therese.rink
2 posts
Save Topic
Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

Is there an affordable beachfront place near the town centre? Therese

1. Re: Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 16:05
Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

I really, really like the Voelklip suburb of Hermanus. It is not in the centre of town but not that far out either.

There is a very good small beach close to this suburb(within 5-10 minutes walk)

We stayed at Pacem holiday house. I strongly recommend this place. It is 4 star lodging at 3 star rates. Look at www.eirene.co.za

This cottage has a terrific view of the mountains behind Voelklip. Very scenic area.

It does not have a seaview but you can hear the waves.

We paid something like R500 per night for 2 people, that's dirt cheap for 4 star lodging.

For me the town centre was a bit busy but you may feel different

Edited: 30 April 2011, 17:47
Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

strange you advertise Hermanus Esplanade which is located on Marine Drive 63 which is your profile name?! Should that be some sort of self advertising which is strictly against TA rules?

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

I really liked The Auberge Burgundy. It's a very short hop, skip and jump (~50 m) to the bay and also to many shops and restaurants.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

I just noticed that The Auberge Burgundy link above gives you a listing of places in Las Vegas. Don't look at me, I didn't do that, TA did. Here's the link:

http://www.auberge.co.za/

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

I'm inclined to agree with you, Klaus. Another one hit wonder followed by a bit of self-promotion perhaps . . .

7. Re: Place to stay in Hermanus facing sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 02:15