We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hermanus to Mossel Bay

Galway, Ireland
5 posts
Save Topic
Hermanus to Mossel Bay

We want to go from Hermanus to Mossel Bay.

How long should this journey take? What is the quickest route? Any lunch stop suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hermanus to Mossel Bay

Hi there Eve

The drive from Hermanus to Mosselbay will take about 3hours. Lunch stops on the way, i can recommend a farmhouse just past Swellendam called the Rolandale Farmhouse, brilliant with their salads and burgers. Open space to stretch the legs as well and also good for when you have kids.

Details about the drive from Hermanus: You will take the R43 from Hermanus until you get to Stanford, where you will then have to turn left into the R326 that will take you straight to the N2 highway which you will turn right in and continue until you get Mosselbay.

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Edited: 10 July 2012, 21:07
Galway, Ireland
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hermanus to Mossel Bay

Thank you so much Hank for your prompt reply!

Just an aside, i always enjoy reading your comments and replies as they are consistently informative, honest and clear. They are always much appreciated!

Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hermanus to Mossel Bay

You may find it quicker to go back to the N2 from the way you came.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hermanus to Mossel Bay

I am sure it will be quicker to use the route Hank described. It is also a nicer drive.

5. Re: Hermanus to Mossel Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 05:47
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question