We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark cage diving in November

Which Hermanus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
12 posts
Save Topic
Shark cage diving in November

We'll be in Hermanus for a day or two within the first two weeks of November. Do you think it's worth going shark cage diving? Will we see any sharks in november?

Jim-Coventry-UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shark cage diving in November

I have been on a Shark cage viewing trip in November 2008, one my highlights of my the trip to the Cape, I had used a company called "White Shark diving company" based in Gansbaai, which I had arranged prior, they picked me up from my Hotel in Hermanus, and dropped me back mid afternoon.

http://www.sharkcagedive.com/boat_cage.htm

An excellent company, on my trip we had plenty of sharks to view, only a few feet away from the cage, this was a definite must do trip with a well organised company. I suppose that you can never guarantee viewing but it worked for me. If you are unsure there are plenty of companies doing the same, you might want to leave it until you are in the country, and then judge the weather, you will always get on one of the trips.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shark cage diving in November

The event does depend on the weather and yes you have a very good chance to see sharks that time of the year. Which ever company that you will be using will be able to arrange a pick-up from your Hotel and also the return transport. You have about 8-9 companies that you can choose from and there will be many recommendations of which companies people have used in the past, but you can always do a research here on TA and see what people has written about them and make your decision on that.

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours

3. Re: Shark cage diving in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 10:17