We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hermanus or De Kelders?

Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hermanus or De Kelders?

Hi we will be travelling from capetown for whale watching and shark cage dive in mid sept. I have contacted walkerbay and they have sent me quote shark cage 1200 pp and whale 650 pp. Heard you see whales on caost of de kelders. Is it safe to stay there instead of hermanus? please suggest accomodation and other company options fpr both activities

Hermanus, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

forgot to say that if you book a shark cage dive via our guest house (don't have to stay wiht us) - we get it for R1000 per person. Annamarie potshed@hermanus.co.za

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

We have only stayed at whalesong. I have had consistently good reports of cliff lodge. Both off these are on cliff street which are front line for whalewatching

shropshire
Level Contributor
126 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

Have stayed at Crayfish Lodge- superb. Great for whale watching, lovely rooms and delightful hosts.

I am sure that you would enjoy a stay here.

Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

Hey thanks Anna and Best wishes for your Anniversary. You are quiet right we have booked Hermanus and will be travelling to Dekelders for whale watching on shores. We are disappointed with the dwlay in response with Dekelders also are not comfortable with sharing cc informatiin via anyother medium other than online portal. we have booked whale coast lodge. it fits out budget too 500Zar. Also planning to book Walkerbday adventures for whale and shark cage dive

Edited: 07 August 2014, 08:08
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

Hey thanks Anna and Best wishes for your Anniversary. You are quiet right we have booked Hermanus and will be travelling to Dekelders for whale watching on shores. We are disappointed with the dwlay in response with Dekelders also are not comfortable with sharing cc informatiin via anyother medium other than online portal. we have booked whale coast lodge. it fits out budget too 500Zar. Also planning to book Walkerbday adventures for whale and shark cage dive

Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
26 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

I visited Hermanus / DeKelders last year October with family and after a lot research booked Shark Cage Diving through Great White Shark Tours (http://www.sharkcagediving.net/#5). Brian & his entire team seemed very knowledgeable about the area and very skilled. Highly recommended for Shark cage diving. You can book online and they also have a package for pickup from Hermanus.

Regarding stay, Hermanus is awesome and highly recommended vs DeKelders. I understand you have already booked accomodation but '45 Marine Drive' Service apartment is extremely well located with a great view of whales directly from the room, reasonable on the budget and walking distance from great eating joints / views

Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

Hi I am in Hermanus now and we didnt spot any whales. Hermanus is also known to spot many whales by thr shores but guess we were unlucky. However we drove down to de kelders and visited gerardh at de kelders b&b we had a warm welcome and we could spot whales doing some gr8 acrobats from the balcony of b&b itself. The site is majestic! no words can explain the experience. we went by the shores and saw many whales and had some awesome clicks. De kelders is must for 2nights atleast its serene even without the whales. However hermanus is also al very good place but without whales its a bit dissapointing for me. we stayed at whale coast lodge in hermanus and the manager helped us with car breakdown and last minute shark cage bookings..sweet of her..

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
26 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

The best place to watch whales in Hermanus is 'Marine Drive'. You will definitely get to see whales from there and it is the most happening area in Hermanus with lots of eating joints around and lots of people running around the cliffs with cameras. There is even a Whale Crier who blows the horn everytime there is a whale sighting. We saw at least 1 whale with calf (if not more) every day we where there.

Edited: 24 September 2014, 08:24
20. Re: Hermanus or De Kelders?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2015, 05:15