We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are in town acommodations important in Knysna?

South Florida
Level Contributor
148 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Are in town acommodations important in Knysna?

I am planning three nights in Knysna and have been going back and forth with in town acommodations and some beautiful properties out of town 5-10 min. away. We are a family of four and the options out of town are much larger and less money. I was wondering since for the most part we are using Knysna as a base for day trips, how important the proximity to the town is. How is the parking in Knysna in the off season (June)? Is it safe and is it easily accessible and free? Thanks so much for your help.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are in town acommodations important in Knysna?

We stayed in Knysna for 3 nights, also used it as a base to explore the garden route.

Knysna is a small town, and pretty safe. I see no problem with staying 5 to 10 minutes away. It was very easy for us to find parking in town. We were there in July.

Be sure to eat at the Olive Tree. It is a great restaurant. Also, you should go to the East Head Cafe for breakfast or lunch. You will enjoy a great meal with an awesome view of the Knysna Head.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are in town acommodations important in Knysna?

Parking certainly won't be a problem. I would strongly recommend staying on Leisure Island for it's quiet beauty & spectacular views.

Have a look at Amanzi Island Lodge, a very special place & only 10 minutes from the town centre.

http://amanzilodge.co.za/

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are in town acommodations important in Knysna?

I second Amanzi Lodge

South Florida
Level Contributor
148 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are in town acommodations important in Knysna?

Amanzi will be closed for the whole month of june for renovations. I looked into Leisure Island Lodge and Belvidere Manor instead.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are in town acommodations important in Knysna?

Oh dear, what a shame. However, it's good to know that the new owners are intent on improving perfection. :-)