We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MEERKAT MAGIC - Now a whopping R1500 per person

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
611 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
MEERKAT MAGIC - Now a whopping R1500 per person

Grant has doubled his rates from the increase a few months ago, and this will now set you back R1500 Per Person (up from R750). Personally I think this is now getting ridiculous, we can only suffice that he is trying to now exclude as many people as possible, which is a real shame.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,924 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MEERKAT MAGIC - Now a whopping R1500 per person

Meerkats are big business. Daily on our TVs we get a funny ad starring a Russian meerkat, Aleksander*. Try www.comparethemeerkat.com

Then there's all the Discovery/BBC shows about Meerkat Manor.

Simples.

*The company was initially very pleased with the audience figures, but then found the meerkat is actually far more popular than the product being advertised....

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MEERKAT MAGIC - Now a whopping R1500 per person

Interesting. We were quoted R750 a few weeks ago for a trip in November so I trust that price will be honoured.

There does seem to be some variances in pricing though. A friend of mine at work did the meerkat tour earlier in the year (same time as the Lions rugby tour) and was charged about £100 per person. It was though for just him and his wife and the whole tour lasted about 5 hours. He was also told by the "meerkat man" that he was/would not be doing so many tours so perhaps this explains the price increase.

I really want to this tour but am not prepared to pay double a price I have already been quoted.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
611 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MEERKAT MAGIC - Now a whopping R1500 per person

Hi,

Below is a transcript of the cell message that a friend of mine received yesterday on booking on behalf of guests at their B&B. I hope your price is honoured Simsu. Forewarned is forearmed ;)

"There is a morning Sunrise Tour to experience UNIQUE IN THE WORLD WIDE MEERKAT MAGIC - no pm tours due to filming. Now departing at 5:40am - ends around 9am, start times change according to sunrise. The meeting area around Oudtshoorn is given on booking confirmation. The cost is R1500 per guest Cash only to Grant after the tour & is the only correct/valid cost at the moment. Images are taken of guests with WILD meerkats with our project (end of text)"

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,924 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MEERKAT MAGIC - Now a whopping R1500 per person

Even as I typed, a serious UK newspaper today had a 5-page supplement on how meerkats are taking over the world. TV, zoos, insurance, and 2 Hollywood blockbusters about to be released.

Looks like more meerkat farms are needed, otherwise the price to visit could go through the roof.

independent.co.uk/environment/nature/kool-fo…

5. Re: MEERKAT MAGIC - Now a whopping R1500 per person

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 06:17