We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arizona Jazz Fest Questions

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
210 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Arizona Jazz Fest Questions

Hello All! Wanted to find a few answers for our trip there next month. How involved is the parking situation? What are the best times to arrive and/or best parking lots (husband walks very slow)? Are food, snacks, beverages allowed? Staying in a rental home in Surprise. Are there any great soulfood restaurants around or great (fried) fish, bar-b-que joints nearby? I read somewhere that it is advisable to bring warmer clothes for the evening performances, as the weather changes. Is that correct? Are there in and out priviledges (to our car)? Are cameras allowed? What types of vendors are on the grounds? Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,171 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arizona Jazz Fest Questions

For specific questions about the Jazz Fest, call the Wigwam Resort where it is held. Yes, it gets cool in the evening in April.

This is not "soul food" or BBQ territory though you will find acceptable BBQ at chain restaurants like Big Dave's. I wouldn't expect any superior dining experiences in Surprise.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
210 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arizona Jazz Fest Questions

Thanks Bob B! Just looking for info from people who have actually attended the fest. Guess 'll have to forget about the Soul Food, the ribs at "chains" are pre-cooked and come out of a bag and I was looking for a place that acutally had grills out back, not inside.

Reply to: Arizona Jazz Fest Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Litchfield Park