We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stellenbosch - d'Ouwe Werf Hotel - Stay Away from this hotel

Seattle
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stellenbosch - d'Ouwe Werf Hotel - Stay Away from this hotel

We recently came back from South Africa, where we had a wonderful time. We visited lots of interesting places and stayed at different locations, different hotels.

The worst hotel we stayed at was the

d'Ouwe Werf Hotel, in Stellenbosch.

It might be one of the oldest hotel in town and have a historical value, but it is for sure the dirtiest hotel I ever stayed at. The carpets were very dirty, dark, smelly and full of bugs.

During the night we had lots of bugs, coming out from everywhere.

We advised the front desk about the concerns we had, but they seemed to know about it and nothing was done about it.

We had the breakfast included in the price, but after we realised how dirty the rooms where, we didn't really want to know, how "clean" the kitchen was, so we decided to go somewhere else for breakfast.

We checked out of the hotel very early, nobody ever apologized for the problems we had.

I would never again stay at this hotel.

We are expats in Asia, so we do travel a lot and have stayed at lots of places, but I could not imagine that such an "infested place" can be called a 4 star hotel.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stellenbosch - d'Ouwe Werf Hotel - Stay Away from this hotel

Hi

Sorry to hear that. I have alerted the management of the hotel. I hope that they can reply to your post and put their side of the story.

Cheers

Howard Neill

Seattle
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stellenbosch - d'Ouwe Werf Hotel - Stay Away from this hotel

Hi Knolly,

Thanks for checking for us and trying to give them a chance to explain "their side of the story". We were treated with the same ignorance, so I guess that's their "point of view" on customers satisfaction. I never wrote a bad review before and I hated to do this, but before I travel somewhere I do read the reviews on Tripadvisor, so I think it is fair to be warned and to know what to expect.

Thanks again, for taking your time, and following up on this.

3. Re: Stellenbosch - d'Ouwe Werf Hotel - Stay Away from this hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 21:17