We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Kleinplassie museum interactive

Which Stellenbosch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
is Kleinplassie museum interactive

Hello,

Is Kleinplassie museum in Worcester an interactive thing. I would like to know if my dauther can also participate in the things they show you, like making a bread or soap, etc. Or is it just like a demonstration.

I tried emailing the museum, but I have problems with that.

Thankx!

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
250 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is Kleinplassie museum interactive

It seems like they are demonstrations only, because they mention here what the kids CAN do:

"Kleinplasie

On the way to Robertson, approximately 1km outside Worcester, is Kleinplasie Living Open-air Museum. Here we depict the lifestyle of the early Cape pioneer farmers. Activities like tobacco rolling, candle and soap making, coffee roasting and bread baking (only mornings between 09:30 ? 12:30) are performed on a daily basis. The kids can feed chickens and go for a donkey-cart ride. We also have a tea-room where you can enjoy griddle-cakes and milk- tart baked outside on the farm-yard and a restaurant where lovely traditional dishes are served. We have a shop where you can buy home-made rusks, biscuits, jams and preserves, liqueurs and our well-known witblits."

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
250 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is Kleinplassie museum interactive

I phoned them this morning.

The "Activities" are demonstrations only and visitors do not get to take part.

You can buy food for children to feed to the chickens.

There are donkey cart rides and truck rides.

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is Kleinplassie museum interactive

Ok, I very very much apriciate your help and phoning them.

A but disapointing though, I know my daughter would like to have a try as wel.

Kind regards Maria

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is Kleinplassie museum interactive

Kleinplasie used to be a stop for tour buses going up the Karoo. It's almost a "ghost" museum...and it's a pity.

They are crying for business.....so find out at what time they make the bread and soap etc. and i'm sure they will oblige. Of course they will say no over the phone but when you get there they might say yes.

I have booked them for a function ....they were more than accomodating

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is Kleinplassie museum interactive

Hi there,

What a pity!

I'm going to Worcester anyway to do a quad tour and I'll stop over at the museum and will find out about the times.

Thank you very much!

6. Re: is Kleinplassie museum interactive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 07:16