We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spier

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Spier

Hi,

We have organised a day tour to visit some wineries and we will also be visiting Spier for the cheetahs. Does anyone know if there is an entrance fee into Spier and also what it costs to see the Cheetahs?

Thanks in advance

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,086 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spier

No entrance fee to the Spier estate.

Cheetah Outreach: R10 pp weekdays; R5 pp weekends and public holidays; R70 adults to pet cheetahs or pose for photo; R30 children ages 3-12; however it is R160 to pet cubs if that's your thing.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spier

Thank you so much for your detailed info - exactly what I needed to know!!

Thanks again :)

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Spier

they also have a sanctuary for birds of prey there. it is a really great experience watching them train the birds for release. I think they have shows at 11:00 14:00 and 16:00 which offer wonderful photo oportunities. try to do this too.

Mark

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spier

The prices have gone up slightly. I think the entrance fee is still the same but it is now R90 for the adult and R180 for the cubs, mind you the cubs are about the same size as the adult!

As a previous poster mentioned there is a bird of prey rehabilitation centre right next to the cheetahs and is also well worth a look. Again there is a small entry fee and you can then pay for extras if you want to hold the birds.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spier

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I also emailed Spier and this is what they said:

Thank you for your enquiry.The Cheetah will be R10.00 and Eagle will be R20.00

We will certainly check out the Eagles too!

Thanks again :)

6. Re: Spier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2010, 05:20