We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch and Dinner suggestions???

Which Stellenbosch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
550 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch and Dinner suggestions???

My husand and I are staying at Le Quartier Francaise for 2 nights in mid-October.We plan to visit wine farms in the Stellenbosch region one day and Franschoek the other (we've organized a car and driver so we don't have to worry about navigation and tasting). Would really appreciate two lunch and two dinner recommendations.

So far, we thought of having lunch at Le Petite Ferme one day and dinner at the Tasting Room one night. Are these good choices? Our interests are food and views (not a dinner consideration as it will be dark).

(also posting in Stellenbosch forum)

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch and Dinner suggestions???

Stellenbosch: Tokara, Dornier (lunch), Overture, Terroir, Rust en Vrede (dinner), Indochine, Jardine (lunch), not exactly Stellenbosch but Glen Carlou is a lovely lunch spot and also close by Babel

Franschhoek: Ryans Kitchen, Common Room, Bread and Wine (lunch), Haut Cabriere, Grand Provence, Pierneef à La Motte

Of course there are plenty of other good choices

Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
73 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch and Dinner suggestions???

I agree with the previous reviewer however my favourites are:

Stellenbosch: Tokara for the stunning view and Rust en Vrede (excellent fine dining).

Franschhoek: Bread and Wine (stunning cooking method used -water bath technique, for lunch) and , Pierneef à La Motte (delicious food and wine pairing menu and excellent service).

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch and Dinner suggestions???

Hi there

Your suggestions is fantastic and i also support Tokara Wine Estate for excellent views. Bread and Wine Restaurant at Moreson Wine Estate is also one of my choices.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

New York
Level Contributor
550 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch and Dinner suggestions???

I think we've settled on lunch at La Petite Ferme and Tokara and dinner at The Tasting Room and Rust en Vreded.

Thanks for all of your help.... Eva

5. Re: Lunch and Dinner suggestions???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:19