We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South African Airways Tours

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
South African Airways Tours

I am looking at a tour through South African Airways Vacataions that appears to be reasonable and includes meals. Has anyone used South African Airways Vacations Tours? I am looking for a tour of Cape Town, the Wine Lands and Krueger, the Bachelor SA Getaway appears to be great. Let me know if anyone has been on this tour or if you have other suggestions. The price for this tour is $4,599.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South African Airways Tours

Take a look at Lion World Tours. I think they partner with SAA. My wife and I used them last August and had a fantastic experience. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

boston
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South African Airways Tours

Just returned from booking a tour through SAA Vacations. SAA bumped us off a flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls. Because of the time difference we could not call SAA Vacations in Arizona for help, the help number given to us by SAA Vacation prior to our departure, in CapeTown, informed us it does not help with flight problems. We wound up spending an extra night in Johannesburg at the airport, wasting a pre-paid night at the fancy Victoria Falls Hotel and paying exorbintant airfare (from another vendor) to get us back on the scheduled tour track. The SAA agent in Johannesburg said the next flight was filled (it was not)and perhaps, if we returned on the next day she would put us on stand-by.

Upon our returnto the USA , SAA Vacations washed their hands of this problem by telling us we had to deal with the airline directly in South Africa. I would not recomend or use them again, no matter how cheap they pretend to be.!

Maryland
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: South African Airways Tours

Wow, why were you bumped in the first place? Don't they have local reps there to handle any problems?

4. Re: South African Airways Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:40