We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tasting in town?

Which Stellenbosch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stellenbosch, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Wine tasting in town?

Hi. Is there a place in town where one can taste the wines from the surrounding farms without taking a tour or driving? My friend gets very car sick and would like to stay out of a vehicle as much as possible. We are staying in town. Thanks!

Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
73 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine tasting in town?

There are two places in two that I know of. Brampton wines, Church Street. Ernies Els Tasting room on Dorp Street. These two establishment just serve their own wines. Also awhile back Wjnhuis on Andringa Street offered some wine tastings of wines from the surrounding areas, in their restaurant. To be honest though, the best wine farms are in the surrounding areas! I hope this helps.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine tasting in town?

Hi there

There is the Wine Tasting Center in the Waterfront. Then you also have Caroline's Fine Wine Cellar also with a branch in the Waterfront that you can do tastings and to purchase wine as well.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

3. Re: Wine tasting in town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:17