We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Stellenbosch

Which Stellenbosch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Two nights in Stellenbosch

My husband and I want to stay for two nights in the Winelands area before our four night stay in Cape Town in mid February 2013. However, our flight does not arrive until 10:30 at night and although I don't mind the drive to Stellenbosch that late, I don't want to have to wake up owners of a B&B to check in. Can you suggest a hotel that would have reception up until midnight. I would like to keep the price between $150 to $200 USD per night if possible.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two nights in Stellenbosch

Hi Florence,

Recommend Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel and Spa (five stars) and Devon Valley Hotel both of which have 24 hour front desk attendance. Suggest you take a look at all Stellenbosch hotels on Tripadvisor.

Should you contact the hotels direct, you might be able to arrange a discount or better rate than those offered through booking agencies.

Edited: 27 September 2012, 05:33
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two nights in Stellenbosch

Hi Florence,

I recommend you to stay in Asara Wine Estate, we just back from our trip, great place to stay within your budget. It's a proper hotel, so they should have 24 hours front desk but advise you to check with them directly.

Cheers.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two nights in Stellenbosch

I have an aversion to packing and unpacking on holiday so if it were me, I would add two extra days to Cape Town and travel to Stellenbosch on one or two day trips - it's only about an hour from CT.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two nights in Stellenbosch

The Stellenbosch Hotel is right in the heart of town.

Pilanesberg...
Level Contributor
436 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two nights in Stellenbosch

Hi Florence, You are very considerate, but I'm sure most guest house owners would stay up with a smile...

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two nights in Stellenbosch

Pirate99 is quite right. The guest house owners need customers very badly during the recession. Try Aan Dorpstraat, Gwen & Johan would love to see you. Make sure that you dine at The Apprentice.

7. Re: Two nights in Stellenbosch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:18