We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet lag in STELLENBOSCH: Where to sleep & unwind?

California
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Jet lag in STELLENBOSCH: Where to sleep & unwind?

Beginning to book our first trip to South Africa for next spring!

Looks like we will fly from California to London, overnight 2 nights in London, then fly to Cape Town, rent a car.

WHERE can we sleep for 2 nights in Stellenbosch, to recover from jet lag in a very comfortable bed, quiet night's rest, and wake up to a wonderful breakfast, with friendly owners to welcome us?

My mind is boggled by all the places to sleep in the winelands!

After recovering from jetlag in the winelands, we will visit the west coast (spring wildflowers, etc.), then Cape Town & Cape Peninsula...then either the Little Karoo and/or Garden Route. Then fly home out of Cape Town.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Hamburg
Level Contributor
356 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jet lag in STELLENBOSCH: Where to sleep & unwind?

We stayed in Majeka House, it's brilliant, very quiet but it's a little drive into Stellenbosch Center. M. has a very good restaurant in case you do not want to leave the place.

California
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jet lag in STELLENBOSCH: Where to sleep & unwind?

Woo-hoo! We booked our flights to Cape Town! We sleep in London a few nights before flying into Cape Town and renting a car in September.

We still need a comfty bed and friendly owners in a STELLENBOSCH accommodation for our first 2 nights in South Africa! Considering Majeka House.

I have a similar question posted for Franschoek because I changed my mind several times!!! Nothing booked yet in the wine lands. Thanks for everyone's help! We are so excited!

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Jet lag in STELLENBOSCH: Where to sleep & unwind?

If you want to stay right in town, meaning that you won't have to drive in the evening when you go out for drinks & dinner, have a look at Aan Dorpstraat. The owners, Gwen & Johan are absolutely delightfully friendly & their breakfasts are divine.

http://aandorpstraat.co.za/

14. Re: Jet lag in STELLENBOSCH: Where to sleep & unwind?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 05:18