We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

My girlfriend and I (26 and 23) are planning to spend two or three nights in Cape Winelands in min-November. I've been looking at accommodation options and am struggling to choose! Can any of you offer a good suggestion?

It would be our first trip to the area, I'd like to stay in or nearby Stellenbosch or Franschhoek (though Franschhoek seems rather pricey!). I'm looking for somewhere comfortable, perhaps a little quiet or secluded, not necessarily extravagant but not spartan. Somewhere where you can forget about the rest of the world for a couple of days!

I'd rather not spend too much, not much more than 1000 rand a night, but it could be flexible for somewhere very nice.

Flexible re: eating, B and B would be nice but not essential.

Thanks for you help!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
950 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

This place is absolutely divine: http://www.angala.co.za/

It's in Franschhoek, but very high up on the mountainside (you need a car of your own) - perfect for a secluded, romantic few days. Lovely rooms, stunning views, gorgeous eco-pool and gardens, excellent staff, excellent restaurant if you want to eat dinner in, or close enough to all the others in the town itself. I highly recommend it. Ask if they have a special rate, they aren't cheap and this is not the cheapest time of year, but you never know.

Another nice place in Franschhoek is Chanteclair but if you want total privacy you must ask to stay in the studio. It's a bit pricey though.

It is a rather expensive area, as well as Stellenbosch ...

I'll watch this thread if you have any other questions.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

Thanks for the recommendations, they both look lovely but unfortunately area bit dearer than I'm looking for!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

Have a look at the Guesthouse at Knorhoek winefarm. This is also out of town so you'll need a car. But they have a restaurant on site and have a few other winefarms close by if you are into wine. If you want something in Stellenbosch have alook at Caledon villa or Roosenwijn Guesthouse.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

take a look at this website, it gives a price range guide. Not many under R1000 a night though..

sa-venues.com/westerncape/…cape-winelands.php

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

I can strongly recommend Aan Dorpstraat in Stellenbosch, only 5 minutes walk from the town centre. Beautiful rooms, warm hospitality & super breakfasts.

http://aandorpstraat.co.za/rooms.html

TSO
POULTON .LANCS.
Level Contributor
102 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

Highly recommend Cape Vue in Franschhoek ~~~~~ seems ideal for you ~~~ stay there annually ~~ have a look at there website

Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

For Franschhoek, try La Fontaine or Auberge Bligny.

For Stellenbosch, try Caledon Villa.

All, I think, should fall into the 'reasonably priced' bracket that you are looking for.

Tracey - Owner/Director, Travel Butlers

8. Re: Reasonable accommodation in Stellenbosch/Cape Winelands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:17