We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delaire Graff, Jordan or the Tasting room?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Delaire Graff, Jordan or the Tasting room?

Hi,

We are a couple staying in Stellenbosch overnight before heading off on the garden route and are travelling all the way from Australia. Given the distance we are travelling and limited time, we really want to make the most of our culinary experience!

We've left it a bit late to book restaurants, so Rust en Vrede is not available. we are now trying to decide between Delaire Graff, Jordan and the Tasting Room for lunch/dinner.

We don't have a particular budget in mind and are willing to pay if the food is worth it. For us, the most important things are quality of food, service and ambience (in that order). Have been trawling the forums but seem to be mixed reviews. Open to other suggestions too!

TIA for any helpful comments!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delaire Graff, Jordan or the Tasting room?

The tasting room was fully booked until October when I made my booking a month ago, and it is also quite a drive from Stellenbosch so it would be best to choose a restaurant in the area. I love the restaurant at Jordan and think it is an ideal location for lunch. IMO they have the best mussels in the world! (-;

Also consider the following restaurants: Makaron at Majeka house and Overture at Hidden Valley.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delaire Graff, Jordan or the Tasting room?

I went to Solms Delta in Franschoeck a few weeks ago, and it was lovely! Might be a little out of your way, but worth mentioning. The restaurant is on top of an archaeological dig and had a glass floor! There is a great story behind this vineyard, which in my opinion really enhances the experience. The menu uses local and traditional flavours/cuisine with a modern twist. Restaurant is called Fyndraais. Not sure if you are looking for a lunch or dinner spot, this place is definitely better at lunch time!

Delaire Graff has spectacular views and an amazing cellar door/restaurant building! I've only done the tasting so can't comment on the food. But I believe it is also booked out well in advance!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delaire Graff, Jordan or the Tasting room?

Hi

If you are staying in Stellenbosch, then there's no need to head to Franschhoek for dinner.

I had a wonderful lunch at Delaire Graff in March. Service is top notch, food is excellent and the actually winery should be on your list to visit, just to see the pure opulence! Views are also wonderful, but we went on a cloudy day and in winter it's dark pretty early.

I have never eaten at Jordan but when I was looking at March there were some mixed reviews, so I chose Delaire Graff instead. Maybe also consider the restaurant at Tokara.

Lisa

4. Re: Delaire Graff, Jordan or the Tasting room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:17