We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best Eatery in Apora..

Which Arpora hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best Eatery in Apora..

We have just got back from Apora, stayed Marinha Dourada, nice enough... too many Russians...

they have spoiled Goa.. rude beyond belief!!!

Best place to eat is " you & me" we didn't go there to begin with as it was rather dark, and we thought we would like to see what we were eating.... but dont be put off, the food is fantastic...

we tried other places, all spice not as good as it was.... Nicks place is not up to much either.. too english... all in all had a great time... frequented Captains Cabin beach shack, in between Baga and Callungute...nice guys and rush matting so no burnt feet and bowls of water for feet washing at the end of the sun bed... what more could you possibly want....

all in a ll a great time....

it has changed in the past 5 yeras since we visited... Bagga road now is lethal... we used to walk to the beach every day, now you take your life inn your hands... too much traffic....

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

Four of us went to nicks place and unless you want english food it is not very good

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

I had a lovely Chicken Xacuti, jeera rice and garlic naan in Nicks place and it didnt taste very English to me!

Just out of interest Carol did you find anything positive in Goa as all your posts seem to be on the negative side?

Edited: 17 February 2014, 13:43
Whitchurch
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

We went to Nicks Place last night and thought it was excellent,yes we had English food,in fact we had Sunday roast,don't always want spicey food or currys,made a nice change.

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

Horses for courses I suppose....

Whitchurch
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

Fern you are absolutely correct.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

Our fave place to eat in Arpora was Nic and Nats. We had delicious curries and other dishes too. The fillet steaks are gorgeous and cost £4-50. We tried several places for curries but enjoyed Nic and Nats the most.

x

manchester
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

My fave places to eat in Arpora are rasa..the chicken Kolhapuri is delicious and hot and spicy just how I like it. For breakfast and fresh croissants and juice it has to be baba au rum.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

We really liked Nicks Place.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

thought the same about nicks place fern - bland indian , boring pie , too british , and the most horrendous music . whats the big deal about the place its so average and so many more places better . when i went it was packed out .... home from home . oh yeh and a brit was eating dressed in a towel lol .

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best Eatery in Apora..

Did you stay for the quiz Rob....;-)

Get answers to your questions about Arpora
Recent Conversations