We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying In Candidasa June/July

Which Candidasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
13 posts
Save Topic
Staying In Candidasa June/July

I will be in Candidasa from end of June to the first week in July 2008.

Any suggestions as to finding a good taxi driver who knows the area well?

funlover

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
463 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

Hi FunLover,

I have been to Bali 2-3 weeks each year for the past 9 years and have always used a man named Ketut to get us around the island. He is quite good!

His E-Mail address is:

ringga_yuda@yahoo.com

His phone # is: country code 62- 8123900561

His wife, Sri, may answer,but just let her know that you have 'mailed' Ketut and he will go check his mail and get back with you.

He can get you anywhere and anything that you are interesetd in seeing or doing.

We will be there at the same time for some diving and surfing!

Please let me know how else to help you.

My direct E-Mail is bill&marcia@gmail.com

Feel free to ask............. :o)

Aloha, BeachBum Bill

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

Hi,

Taxi drivers are a bit difficult to find in Candidasa. However, you can hire a driver for the day - as suggested above.

You might also want to check out TA's Bali Inside Page as ther is a page on a list of drivers. You should book them in advance though.

However, if you can't make up your mind on what you want to do, then there is also ONE driver (whom I have always seen) who stations himself on the main street in Candidasa, near Kubu Bali. That is another option to consider if you do decide last minute to hire a driver when you're there.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

Hi,

Taxi drivers are a bit difficult to find in Candidasa. However, you can hire a driver for the day - as suggested above.

You might also want to check out TA's Bali Inside Page as ther is a page on a list of drivers. You should book them in advance though.

However, if you can't make up your mind on what you want to do, then there is also ONE driver (whom I have always seen) who stations himself on the main street in Candidasa, near Kubu Bali. That is another option to consider if you do decide last minute to hire a driver when you're there.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
463 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

Hi FunLover:

My apologies, I guess that I do not my own mail address! :o(

billandmarcia@gmail.com

Pls write with any questions.

Aloha, BB Bill

5. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 14:18
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
463 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

Hi Anteres-

A VERY reliable driver/tour guide is:

Ketut

Mail- ringga_yuda@yahoo.com

Phone from US- 011-62-8123900561

We have used him every year since 2000.

Please use- billandmarcia@gmail.com for further questions.

We are moving to Candi Dasa, Bali, from Denver in May. Maybe a drink of dinner during your visit?

Aloha, Bill & Marcia

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

Hi anteres,

Voila:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-s1/Bali:Indon…

:-)

8. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 June 2016, 14:18
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

hi,

try this guy, u'll like him

http://www.mudrawayan.com/

London
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying In Candidasa June/July

thank you for all the feed back. I do apologise for not replying earlier, but pressure of work.

Has anyone been able to find a good taxi driver? I did contact Ketut and found his rate a lot higher. He quoted 750000 whereas others are saying 400000 to 500000 for the day. What have you been quoted?

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa