We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Shack

Which Candidasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sugar Shack

My husband and I are traveling to Bali the middle of April. After spending hours upon countless hours researching accomodation options, I am very interested in staying at the Sugar Shack in Candidase. As it is a new property, I find very little about on the internet. Has anyone stayed there? And if so, can you tell me more about what the surroundings of the villa and what the area has to offer in the way of restaurants and activities?

Thanks you so much, in advance, for your input!

Terri

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,010 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Shack

Hello. We are quite regular visitors to Candidasa, but I do not know the Sugar Shack. I've read the available information on the internet and it does read as though it is in CD itself. If that's the case, you are definitely in walking distance to many great restaurants, bars, small superrnarkets, clothing and gift stores. There's also lots of water activities to pursue and land excursions only a drive away.

Personally, I would email the owner and get them to provifde a map and/or verbal confirmation that this villa is located in the town of Candidasa.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
463 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Shack

Howdy~ We live in CD and have not heard of the Sugar Shack.

We can strongly recommend the Bayside Bungalows or Bayshore Villas in CD.

Close to everywhere and everything that CD has to offer and Brad, the owner is a very nice Ozzie Guy!

Please let us know if you should have any other questions or if you might need assistance with transport from airport to CD or for any day trips during your stay.

Aloha, Beach Bum Bill & Marcia

billandmarcia@gmail.com

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Shack

Also have Rumah Bambu

Part of this website

sanctuarythevillage.com/Sugar-Shack---THE-BE…

Interesting description of

"floor to ceiling windows so that the only thing you see is OCEAN"

I can also see some buildings :)

Was/is also up for leasehold

jakarta.craigslist.org/reo/2196234153.html

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
463 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Shack

Looking at the link for Sugar Shack, it says that it is the area of UBUD, which is about a 60 minute drive from Candi Dasa. If you are hoping for a beach environment, you certainly will not get it at Sugar Shack. Take a look at www.bayshorecandidasa.com

Great location, all new and right on the beach in CD.

They also have a 'lower priced' new portion called BaySide Bungalows.

Again, newly remodeled, clean, air con, cable TV, nice restaurant and right on the beach.

Aloha~ BB Bill

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
463 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sugar Shack

My apologies~~~~ Just noticed that i was looking at the 'home page' and that refers to Ubud. The beach site does discuss CD lodgings. I would still suggest a look at Bayshore/Bayside sites. I am sure that BAYSHORE VILLAS offer everything that Sugar does and at a lower price point.

Aloha, Bill

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sugar Shack

hi , beachbum could you help us ?? we will be backpackin in august on a semi budget, could you recomend any cheapish nice places to stay, hopefully near beach or bungalow,, thanx

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sugar Shack

Kelo, The Bayshore villas have a sister property as mentioned it is the Bayside Bungalows, I am sure you will be more than happy with it. There is a new website on them. Brad Griffiths is the owner/manager perhaps drop him an email, the address is within the website.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
463 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sugar Shack

Hi Kelo~ Bayside is a great place and that pricing may suit you well. If not, there is another alternative called Geringsing, just inside the CD limits. Nice little air con bungalows for a bit lower than Brad's bungalows, no pool and not as nice, tho~~~. Let me know what your 'creature comfort' requirements are and I can look into Geringsing for Ya'.... What dates are you looking to be here??

Aloha, BB Bill

9. Re: Sugar Shack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Candidasa