We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing

How is the fishing ??

I'd there much too catch?????

How much dies it cust for half a day??

Thx

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

Sorry about the spelling bloody iPhone

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,096 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

My husband goes fishing each trip and it does vary the catch..though I've seen some fellow guests bring in some good catches.

To go out in a jukung, I believe it was around 350,000rp for around 4 hours, but just negotiate a deal that suits you and the boatman - arrange that through the reception at your hotel, or if you see a local on the beach front looking for work.

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing

Suec when you say on the beach, which beach? Morse on the south East slide or all beach es? Cant recall seeing fishing boats last time but we where seminyak and Legian intrigued for hubby next trip.

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing

Oh i have just realised this is CD forum so yes of course you mean CD sorry

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,096 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing

Yes I do mean Candidasa...were you meaning somewhere else?

If not, we stay on the southern entrance to CD and there's always a boatman (Made the boatman), who walks along the breakwater or beach (when the tide's low) and looks for customers, but as I say, just ask at your reception (they always know someone who can take you out).

Edited: 04 August 2012, 15:43
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing

Thank you sue

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing

Thanks Sue great advice :-)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,096 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing

Auschoppy, if you are staying in the Legian area, I would arrange a boatman to take you out from Sanur...even if you don't go fishing, it's nice to go for a sail or motor.

On the southern end of the Sanur beach strip, are loads of locals with jukungs, who can help you out, or again, ask through your recption, (wherever you are staying) and I am sure they can help you out.

Personally, I would not fancy going out from anywhere along the Kuta, Legian, Seminyak beaches. Despite liking to sail and be on the water, the seas are more than often, too chopped-up on that stretch of coast, for a pleasant boating trip, in my opinion.

Sunny Coast...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing

Hi Sue C, we are thinking of going out fishing in one of those glass bottom sheltered boats when we are in Sanur, would you know how much it would be for one of those for a few hours?

Thank you in advance,

Shinee

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,096 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing

Sorry Shinee, not been in one of those, though it would be lovely..I've only gone out in the fishermen's jukungs...which I love and half think of buying one to use when we return each trip....would leave with a local to use when we're not about....sorry I'm going on here, but I do love sailing or motoring in them.This link may help though;

balisuccesstours.com.au/bali/Home-Watersport…

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa