We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap warungs near Bali santi

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap warungs near Bali santi

Have decided on staying at Bali Santi and dont mind a few nights at nicer restaurants but is there any cheaper warungs around or close to Bali Santi for lunch and drink?

How far is the closest mini mart or shop?

Also will be renting a scooter so where is the best place to rent one ? will get it first day so dont want a long walk to find one.

Cheers.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,145 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

Your closest cheap and good warung is about 10+ minute walk north into Candidasa. I always forget its name...maybe deLima. You will find it on the left hand side of the road, just past the crosswalk at the entrance to CD and almost opposite Bali Palms resort. I think you will find that restaurant prices in CD are very good and you can of course, pick and choose amongst the menu to find the best priced options.

Lots of restaurants we love, including the Terrace at Bayshore, La Rouge, Vincents, Aquaria, Rendezvous at Alam Asmara, Joglo and Nau Mai (just on from the warung above).

Also for a fun evening, try the New Queen pub - food is soso, but the local musicians are very good doing 'covers'.

There's a number of mini markets and/or small outlets where you can buy a few provisions - closest to you (not a mini market) would be near Pelangi homestay - next door to where you are staying and on the same side of the road. The first mini market, would be around 15+ minutes walk from where you are staying and on the left hand side of the road.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

I second the views of Sue, and I too have forgotten the name of the cheap Warung 10 mins north from Bali Shanti, but it wont be hard to find the location Sue has provided.

For an upmarket restuarant if you are interested at some stage I would put La Rouge on the top of the list, just love that place and it has an International cruisine menu.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
254 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

I think you mean De5, it is the one recommended by Bayshore, very cheap and good food, have eaten there every time we stay at Bayshore.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

Yes that is it.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
464 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

Howdy~ The comments above are spot on!! 5 Minutes from Santi, if you walk slow. We have eaten at de 5 off and on for the past 4 years and never had a bad meal. Nasi Goreng Special (fried rice with chicken. squid, meat & fried egg) for 14,000 Rp! The Ayam Masak Jamur (Chicken cooked with mushrooms/veggies/ginger in soup) is excellent when mixed with a serving of nasi putih (steamed rice) for only 13,000 Rp. The Warung is nothing great to look at from the road, but the food and prices are the best combination in CD. Only open for lunch and dinner, but it gets real busy with locals after 1800, so it must be good. We would suggest that you get your meals 'Bungkus' (to go) and eat them at Santi. The road noise at de 5 is a bit daunting.

Beach Bum Bill

Sunshine Beach...
Level Contributor
14 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

Hi travellers - I'm staying at down at Anom Beach bungalows in Dec. How far is this on foot from CD? Ay suggestions for good eats close to Madira Beach? In CD I read there are some great places but was hoping to get some info on places close to where I will be staying. Much thanks in advance.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,145 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

I believe Anom Bungalows are located just off Jalan Mendira and if so, the link to the thread below would be of interest to you. There are also quite a number of other cafes and warungs to try in the immediate area...we hope to next trip ~

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g312684-i9761-k…

ps by foot, to the start of the main strip in CD would I believe, take you at least 25 minutes on foot from Anom...possibly more, as I'm not sure how far off Jalan Mendira you are...the main road to CD, is quite busy, so you may not be keen to do so. A lot of CD restaurants will both pick you up and take you back if you ring them.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 07:27
Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

Re hiring a scooter.Phone this number and ask for Domo.081337295180.He is very obliging and cheap.Hires scooters,cars and provides transport and tours.Is situated near the road heading to Amlapura at the end of the main street of C.D.Hope this helps you

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,145 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

ps and the cost to hire a car in Candidasa for a day, ie 8am to 8pm is approximately 20AUD's...pretty darn good.

Checiny, Poland
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap warungs near Bali santi

5 munute walk D5 warung good food good price

mini mart , aprrox 15 minute walk,,, alfamart, indomart, asrishop.

scooter rental, airport transfer, recomend : http://www.candidasataxi.blogspot.com the guy will help you to solve your transportation problem

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa