We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Hunter Valley
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Has anyone heard of this new boat and if so how big is the boat? Really want to do a trip out there but not going on a small boat!! Also dont want to have to go all the way back to Benoa.

Thanks for any info that would be relevant.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,387 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

I would love to hear about it as well, as we plan to got to NL on our next trip and would be driving to Sanur from CD to do so...I think I'll do some investigating and if I find out more, I'll post what I find.

Hunter Valley
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Thanks as I would love to go to NL!

Hunter Valley
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Its a company called Gili Paradise and its their boat called the super scoot catamaran. Not sure about timetable yet but will find out.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Yes, Scoot now run between Nusa Lembongan and Padang Bai. The kids and I travelled NL to PB on the 21st. It took 30 mins and a very easy ride.

Hunter Valley
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Awesome-it is a big boat isnt it?? How much roughly? Thanks for the info-wow may get to NL afterall.....

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,387 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Great news. We will book that, rather than driving to Sanur.

http://www.gili-paradise.com/fast-boats/

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,387 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Some information from the boat operators ~

Hello Sue,

Thank you for your enquiry with Island Promotions for the Scoot Cruises transfers from Bali to Nusa Lembongan and return.

Please be advised that actually they leaves regularly, 4 times a day, from Sanur Harbour. However yes they also have a boat service between Padang Bai & Lembongan which is only released based on demand, or with a minimum 2 people booking.

They have schedule that leaves 2 times a day, which is at 9.30am & 13.30pm from Padang Bai and at 8.30am & 12.30pm from Jungut Batu Harbour in Nusa Lembongan.

Normally the boat trip takes about 30 minutes one way and they use their smaller boat with 15 passenger capacity.

So if you wish to make a booking, we just need the missing information below in order to make the reservation and arrange the payment in order to send you the tickets

FROM PADANG BAI IN EAST BALI (Useful from Ubud and surrounding areas)

SCOOT CRUISES SCHEDULES ARE:

The Published price is Rp.350,000 per person / one way or Rp.550,000 per person for a round trip.

Outbound – Bali to Nusa LEMBONGAN

Pick up time from your Hotel is around 1 hour before departure time, and boat departures in Bali are from Padang Bai Harbour in east Bali.

Departure times option:

At 9.30am & at 13.30pm

Inbound – Nusa LEMBONGAN to Bali

Pick up time from your Hotel is around 15 – 30 minutes before departure time from Jungut Batu beach.

Departure times option:

At 8.30am & at 12.30pm

Children under 12 years old the price is Rp.270,000/ child one way or Rp.390,000/child for a round trip. And babies or infants (2 years and under) are free.

All prices include a car pick up / drop off to Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Padang Bai or central Ubud areas plus most areas in Lembongan.

Please note; there will be a small additional cost for pick up / drop off outside these areas, Candidasa area is Rp.100,000 one way

Also please be informed there will be no pick up / drop off service provided on the Gili Islands; and you can easily walk or get a horse cart to / from your hotel.

:)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,387 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Just an update on the above. I have just made a booking (mid year) and have been informed that there is now only one service a day ~ leaving Nusa Lembongan for Pandangbai at 830am and leaving from Padangbai for Nusa Lembongan at 930am.

Candidasa, Indonesia
Level Contributor
307 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

I believe that Gili-Paradise is just a network of different companies - different size boats - different comfort levels - different pickup / drop off locations and different schedules ... you then chose the boat company you want based on your needs (and cost). From Sue's post, it sounds like Scoot Fast Cruises is the one that has started the PDB to NLB ... I just made these acronyms up - sounds good :)

The link from Gili Paradise is:

gili-paradise.com/fast-boats/…

(but this does not have the Padang Bai / Nusa Lembongan info listed yet), or you can direct link to the company:

www.scootcruise.com/ourtrips.htm

(this does have the Padang Bai / Nusa Lembongan info on their time table page).

It was good to get this information posted on this forum, as we have had some people ask about fast boats from PDB to NLB, but until now, there has not been one (there was some time ago apparently). Some people have done it in one of the Jukung's, but it's a fair way in one of them - no time table though (only the weather to say yes or no). Plenty of options to the Gili's, so good to have this one option to NLB.

So, all good information ... with even the small the growth in tourism up this way, I hope they keep up the service.

Regards, Geoff

p.s., will be going across to Nusa Penida soon - one boat a day goes there from PDB and return same day (again the time seems to be a bit flexible, depending on how many turn up at the scheduled time - depends if they wait a bit longer before heading off). Will be there for 2 nights - will post that info once we are back to Candidasa. We look at it every day, so will be interesting to look back from the other side :)

Edited: 21 May 2013, 06:00
Hunter Valley
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New boat from Padang Bai to Nusa Lembongan?

Have a great trip Geoff and pity we didnt catch up with you both-wouldve loved to have seen your villa and paintings-oh well will have to come again!! Thanks for all your accurate info and very welcome travel advise. CD is a wonderful place and dont really want to go home :(

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa
Recent Conversations