We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Day travel advice

Which Candidasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
3 Day travel advice

Hi

we are traveling for 3 days later this month and wanted to figure out an itinerary. We are booked into amed for 1 night, lovina for 1 night and ubud for 1 night so what im after is what we can do on the way to and from and inbetween destinations, we have the first half ish of tge first day planned. g We are leaving kuta at 7am and heading to ccandi dasa to go to the temple on the way then go to black sand beach, then white sand beach.

That is all I have planned so what I am after is what we can do for the 2nd half of that day on our way to amed, should wedo lots of stuff on tge way or get to amed early to do stuff there, any good resturants fir dinner and few drinks. Then next day from amed to lovina the saame deal andfollowing day from lovina to ubud and last day ubud to kuta.

I have a car and I will be driving

thanks for your help.

Adam Stewart

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 Day travel advice

That was a little rude.

You asked for people's opinions on what could be done in between and you have been given an answer which was not a lot, because the distances and travel times and the amount you want to cover in those three days is undoable. How you want to interpret that information is up to you, but there are 7 people on this post that believe that.

If you think you know a way to do it all, do what Joanna suggested and read her JBR, picking a few spots. When you come back after the trip and tell us what you actually managed to achieve as it will help us in suggesting something for the next person who has an idea that sounds as rushed as yours.

And by the way, it is not helpful when you be sarcastic about your needs changing, because you will get answers pertaining to a 3 week itinerary. While you may be able to pick and choose your favourites in the itinerary we give, we might base our suggestions on a certain area each day, which may be too far out of your planned trip to be of any help to you.

Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 Day travel advice

Ok so post 1 redirects me to another page which is good and helpful which I will sift through and see which ones apply to me. Thannks

post 2 says for me to stay longer or cut 1 place out. I get your point but its not what we want tto do. Didnt actually give any sugestions on where to go

post 3 is me explaiining in short that we have already booked and will be doing it in 4 days

post 4 is basicly telling me that the traffics bad and unpredictable. No sugestions an where to go

post 5 again traffics bad and takes 45 mins for 3kms. No sugestions on where to go

post 6 have I ever driven in bali before and I shoukd sit back relax and hire a driver. No sugestions on where to go

post 7 this is where I explain in depth why we are doing it in 3 days and not only are we looking for sugestions for wheere to go for this time but also for next time too

post 8 questions how long ive been in bali and tells me about their experiences. No sugestions on where to go

post 9 me being a bit of a smart a** by obviously jokingly changing the length of time but just trying to get sugestions on where to go

post 10 told me to look at their trip which will be helpful

and post 11 tells me im being rude

So is it physicly impossible to get from kuta to amed in 14 hours? From amed to lovina in 14 hours? Lovina to ubud in 14 hours? And ubud to kuta in 14 hours?

if its not then im going to do this trip. If it takkes 14 hours to get from 1 destination to another then that is my problem, if it takes longer than 14 hours cos I decided to look at a damn waterfall 20 mins off the main road then thats my problem.

So please..... if you have some SUGESTIONS on places to go that will add to my already long long days of driving ahead of me then please post them but honestly and sorry to be so brutal but I dont want to hheaar the rest of it.

(P.s I realise that some people will definitely be telling me where to go when they read this hahahaha)

Thanks in advance

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 3 Day travel advice

I find it so hard to believe that anyone could live in Bali for two years and not have explored a large percentage of the island! Ace, you must just work too hard down in Kuta.

Take a look at the salt distillation on the beach at Kusumba on the way to Candi Dasa. The water palace at Ujeng just after CD is less visited than Tirta Gangga. Also salt making in Amed. On the way north up the east coast to Lovina leave the main road and visit some of the deserted beaches or go inland towards Mt Agung.

It is just a case of leaving the beaten track on your way to your nightly stops - get a map (Nelles is excellent) and find the road less travelled, there's a gem around every corner. You must be able to speak enough Bahasa Indonesia by now to ask for help if you really get lost.

Have an awesome adventure with your friends!

Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 3 Day travel advice

Thankyou. That helps.

My biggest problem was I would not get on a motorbike for so long and I convinced myself that the places ive been to that I buy off the tour guides in kuta was all that bali had to offer and ive only just recently realised how wrong I was. That is why im so oblivious to the rest of the island. I woke up one day and put my finger on a map and it was candi dasa and I went and i had a great time, I did the same with blue point, secret beach and a few other places. Basicly ive locked myself up in kuta legian and hardly ever ventured further then seminyak and sanur apart from the $100 day trips offered by tour guides every now and again

Hope that clears it up a bit

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 3 Day travel advice

Hey Ace you're at least half way there now that you've realised that Bali has more to offer than guided tours - great! Now just continue to put your finger on the map and GO. Always use the smaller roads and you really don't need advice from this forum, you can find your own treasures that others haven't. Just have confidence that you can do it alone....well, with your friends maybe!

Good Luck and enjoy every moment.

16. Re: 3 Day travel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Candidasa