We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

Which Burgau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
769 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

Hi all, we are arriving in Burgau Monday and can't wait. The weather forecasts are predicted temperatures of 22 or 23.... Now I don't mind 26 or 27 but was hoping for it to be a bit warmer than 22! Can anyone tell me what temperature is really like right now? Anyone in luz or Lagos too so I can get a general idea. It has been 30 here for the last two days and was hoping to continue with the lovely weather! Many thanks.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

Here's our national weather: http://www.ipma.pt/en/index.html

It's pretty accurate. You could check out the 10 day forecast for Faro/Lagos

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
769 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

Ok so I put in Lagos which is the closest place to us I could find, just over 10 mins away, and it's saying 30 so that would be lovely! Many thanks.

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

Here is the link for the 10 day forecast for Faro on the PT Meteo website:

http://bit.ly/13JtbFK

I am sitting in Lagos right now and the temperature is heading up to +- 28ºC

Be aware that Burgau is 8km from Lagos in the direction of Sagres, which has its own micro-climate!

Sagres may be covered in a morning marine mist while Lagos is baking in the sun.

However, my gut instinct is that temps will be in the range 25ºC up to +- 32ªC

Just out of interest, which weather forecast did you originally check? (I think, I know!)

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
769 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

Hi, I checked world weather online which is now showing slightly higher temps but I just typed weather in burgau into google and it comes up with a display of the weather for the week and that shows the lowest temperature. If I type in weather in Lagos into google the same weather display shows up with basically the same forcsst as burgau and apparently, according to that, it is only going to be 23 in Lagos today so it's good to hear first hand from people who are there right now and it's great to know that it's already almost 28! Thanks!

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
769 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

And only currently 19 degrees in Lagos right now too so I think it's safe to say we can ignore that weather forecast!

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

These weather "apps" in my opinion are absolutely useless for getting temperatures. They should be just used to see if its going to be rainy/sunny or cloudy etc.

Two weeks ago they were saying 26 degs and yet it was topping out in the high 30's.

Burnley
Level Contributor
121 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

We got back today. Last Saturday was bad. Rained and cloudy all day. Sunday bit better but been rock hot all week. No clouds perfect snd hot. Enjoy

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

I would like to clarify why some many apps and websites provide the wrong info on weather in and around the Lagos, Algarve Area.

According to my research, there are only two official internationally recognised Weather Stations in the Algarve at Sagres and at Faro Airport. Most non-Portuguese web sites providing "weather forecasts" for Lagos, Algarve, actually appear to take their readings from the Sagres weather station. Unfortunately, as I mentioned previously, they do not take into account that Sagres, lying on a peninsula jutting out into the Atlantic has its own "micro-climate" which can result in weather conditions being totally different than those in Lagos +- 30km away. This is often the case, for example, in the case of BBC weather forecasts for Lagos.

The only reasonably accurate weather forecast for Lagos and other centres in the Algarve is from the Portuguese Met. Office where they extrapolate the data from the main stations and using local knowledge and history make reasonable accurate predictions. (though not all the time)

Portuguese Met Office: http://www.ipma.pt/en/index.html

To find local forecasts, select Faro from the "District" drop-down menu and then the nearest Algarve town to one's location from the City/Town drop down menu.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
769 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

Ok so I am here right now, been here since Monday and so far it has been just over 30 and gorgeous blue skies. The Portuguese forecast is saying it will be slightly cooler for Friday, Saturday and Sunday (26, 27) but looking to be hot, over 30 from Monday onwards. We could not ask for better weather we are having a fabulous time!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Apologies, another weather question for anyone who is there?

Great. Do enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Burgau
Recent Conversations
More Burgau Topics