We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport taxis

keypr
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Airport taxis

Hi, are airport taxi's plentiful on arrival at Faro airport, how much can I expect to pay to Olhao?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport taxis

The official guide in my hand does not give a price to Olhão but it is only about 15km, so my estimate is 18 Euros on weekdays, 22 at night, weekends and holidays.

There are always taxis waiting outside the arrivals area.

You may save a small amount by pre booking a private transfer but for such a short distance hardly worth the effort.

If you went by public bus it would cost €5,57 in total but as it needs two buses the trip can take over an hour.

England
Level Contributor
104 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport taxis

There are always plenty of taxis at the airport, and they are metered. In February of this year I paid just over 20 euro to the Real Marina in Olhao - 2 people and 2 cases, mid-week lunchtime.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport taxis

20 sounds about right as there are additionl charges for luggage on top of the base fare..

4. Re: Airport taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16