We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tomar to Paialvo train station bus/taxi?

Which Tomar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Czech Rep.
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tomar to Paialvo train station bus/taxi?

Hi all,

I would like to check about the possibility to get from Tomar train station to Paialvo train station (main line towards Coimbra) on Friday 23rd May to catch a train to Coimbra leaving at 13:06 from Paialvo station. I found a bus from Tomar at 12:15 arriving Paialvo 12:36, but I cannot speak Portuguese and I don't know if the timetable is current and buses reliable or not. Here it is: rodotejo.pt/horarios/…

Or how much could be a taxi fare for this short route? Is it easy to catch a taxi in Tomar?

Many thanks, any help appreciated.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tomar to Paialvo train station bus/taxi?

That 1215 bus runs only on Fridays and the timetable is current, but they do change bus times here without any warning. You should check again nearer the date of travel.

Why not take a train from Tomar to Coimbra? Trains leave Tomar to join the main line at Lamorosa from where trains run to Coimbra. Unfortunately some of the connections do require a very long wait.

It is about 11km from Tomar to Paialvo which I estimate to be about 13 Euros in taxi.

I checked the long distance bus timetable and the only departure direct from Tomar to Coimbra is at 0700hrs.

Czech Rep.
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tomar to Paialvo train station bus/taxi?

Thanks for the answer. Good to know that the bus SHOULD run on Friday... I will check the timetable just before departure.

I considered train via Lamarosa as well, but it would require to leave Tomar at 11:11 which is very soon (we will arrive there 9:45 from Lisbon, so we need some time to explore its beauty) plus it would require 1,5hrs waiting at Lamarosa - not convenient.

We will probably take our chances with the bus and if it doesn't run, we've got the only choice in taxi...

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tomar to Paialvo train station bus/taxi?

You can enquire about the bus at the little bus station in Tomar when you get there.

4. Re: Tomar to Paialvo train station bus/taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2015, 09:15