We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How much time needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

I will be passing through Tomar on my way from Lisbon to Porto. How much time should I allot to visit the Convento de Cristo? Can I do a reasonable job to visiting in 1-2 hours?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

Yes, 1.5 - 2 hours would be reasonable. There's more in Tomar though; for instance the oldest Portuguese synagogue (15th century) tomarportugal.com/attractions/synagogue-tomar

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
77 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

2 hours would be more reasonable, othervise you will be rushing through it and not really stopping to absorb the atmosphere of this place which it absolutely deserves.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

hi,if it's just the convento de cristo you want to see then i found 2 hours was more than enough time but as post one mentioned there's a lot more to tomar.this probably won't mean much to you coming from montreal but i waited nearly 50 years to see my first red squirrel in a park in tomar.enjoy tomar you won't be dissapointed.

4. Re: How much time needed to visit Convento de Cristo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2015, 02:15