We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side or Belek?

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
Level Contributor
197 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Side or Belek?

We cannot decide between Belek and Side?

Any advice would be helpful?

Although at the moment i think it may depend on what hotels are available. So far we have looked at the Papillion Belvil (Belek), the Hemera resort and Spa (Side) and the new Alba Royal (Near Side) all of which have disappeared off the tour operator websites (am not brave enough to book the flights and hotel on a website like expedia).

I also like the look of the Xanadu, Gloria Golf and the Cornelia hotels in Belek and the Paloma Perissa in side but all of these are currently out of our price range.

I was hoping to get a good last minute deal but am worried there will be no decent hotels left at this rate.

I am also hoping that at least one of the hotels mentioned which has disappeared will appear on the tour operator websites again, although i'm not sure that this is likely.

Hamburg
Level Contributor
354 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Side or Belek?

If it's a golfing holiday I would suggest that you stay in Belek.

Side, depending where you stay and which golf you want to play is abt. 30-45 minutes drive from the golf courses.

In Belek a lot of the hotels are offering shuttle services to the Belek courses which I find is extremely convenient. You can have a drink afterwards and do not need to worry.

Apart from this quite a few Belek hotels are having green fee arrangements with some/all golf courses which means you will be enjoying a decent discount there.

Essex
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Side or Belek?

Anninmajorca,

I think the room you have booked is probably one of the larger rooms rather than a suite. We booked a suite (through Thomas Cook here in the UK) but it was described as a 'Family room' with separate lounge and bedroom area. They are very nice - Jaccuzi bath, view of the sea but to be honest from what we saw all the rooms are really nice anyway. We just booked the extra space as we have two small children.

Also, when we were there we didnt notice anyone from other nations getting any kind of preferential treatment - the staff just seemed to be great with everyone.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Side or Belek?

Hi, Side is about 30 minutes from Belek & the night life is better in Side but there are plenty of bars & restaurants in Belek/Kadriye.

Im over for 4 weeks in July/August and we are never short of places to eat/drink.

Oh! im under 40 with two children aged 17 & 18.

14. Re: Side or Belek?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 02:18