We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf in belek

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
golf in belek

Hi, looking for anyone with any info on golf in Turkey .Am looking to go away all inclusive to one of 5 star resorts in early August .

Anyone know where i can find good deals and what are resorts like ? . Does 5 star live up to its billing ?

And is there plenty for non golfers in party .

We have played most european destinations and would like something different, so leave me anything you think may be relevant.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf in belek

First maybe have a look through the hotel reviews...Really Belek totally caters for gold holidays and I am sure that there is also plenty for you so do other than golf at the hotel..however do get out and visit the lovely historical sights to..

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g312725-Belek_Turkish…

If you are staying in Belek there are some must sees in the area. I would recommend that you take a trip to Perge, Aspendos, Koprulu Kanyon ( Beş Konak ).

Here are my reviews that I posted on the TA. Or if you click on my profile picture you will see them as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d548…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297963-d548…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297962-d554…

As for tours I would imagine that in the town of Belek or Side there are many travel agents or tour reps that advertise their prices for tours out side their shops. At least they do this in Antalya.

Usually trips to Aspendos and Perge are combined with a few other places so find out what they include like lunch etc. Also many tours to the historical areas make regular stops for shopping etc. This I do not like. If you want to shop them take a shopping tour instead.

I would when you get there check around at some of these places and do some competitive shopping for prices. I would assume that the hotel you are staing at can arrange for trip but also be advised that many hotels especially the resorts often add a commission fee to these prices as well. So getting them directly from the tour operator might work out the best price.

Hamburg
Level Contributor
354 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf in belek

Rooferman,

Golf ist great in Belek a lot of very beautiful and challenging courses.

Just one remark on the weather in August,: you have to be really "heat resistent" as the day temperatures can easyly go close to 40 centigrades during this time of the year.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: golf in belek

…yahoo.com/group/…

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
833 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golf in belek

We stayed at Xanadu in August 2006, my husband is an avid golfer & plays in any kind of weather. Yes it is hot in August but this did not deter him from playing. Only problem was a shortage of other golfers at this time of year for him to play with!

We travelled with my 15 year old son who had more than plenty to do at this hotel.

Belek itself is ok for shopping if you like markets & plenty of shops selling fake goods.

5. Re: golf in belek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 02:20